24 inch tires

Old April 17th 05, 10:44 PM
UNIwolcott

Default 24 inch tires

what are some good tires for MUNI thats under a 24 x 2.2? thanks

--
UNIwolcott - UNI FOOL
UNIwolcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8144

Old April 17th 05, 10:50 PM
ColDawG

are you trying to fit one on a torker? if so it'll prbly fit a 2.3-2.5
because i measured the gap to be 3" between the forks
BUT
if you insist on under 2.2
get a cheap-ass Kenda 1.95 for 13 bucks
just ask ur local bike store

--
ColDawG - Level 4 after 2 months

Looking for MUni buddies!
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old April 17th 05, 11:27 PM
UNIwolcott

^ yeah its a toker, you think i can fit a 2.5 on it?

Old April 17th 05, 11:38 PM
ColDawG

measure the gap and see for yourself
i think a 2.3 would be safe (specialized makes some of that size)
2.5 might work, i actually put my friend's trials wheelset in my LX
frame and it was fine, although some say those 2.5" Monty trials tires
aren't exactly 2.5 inches, but it fit w/ a pinch of clearance

Old April 18th 05, 03:17 AM
UniBrier

Which Torker do you have? CX, LX, DX, TX?

Do you have a LBS with good selection or downhill shop in your area?
Check what they have in stock. You may find a "narrower" downhill
tire.

A couple years ago when I was looking for tires for my stop-gap (before
I got a real Muni) Schwinn Muni I found an Arrow Racing-HD at a downill
shop that says 24x2.5 but it measures closer to 2.25 at the outside of
the lugs. I googled but can't find current mention of the tire anymore
though.

'This thread' (http://tinyurl.com/a49ct) has a pic of the tire next to a
hookworm 24x2.5.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek

Hop Drop & Roll

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old April 18th 05, 03:30 AM
thejuggler24

Well, I have a Torker DX but a 20 inch, and I was wondering the same
thing UNIwolcott. What is the biggest Muni tire you can fit on one of
those?

--
thejuggler24 - Ride giraffes backwards
thejuggler24's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7792

Old April 18th 05, 04:33 AM
mboulanger

Count me in as wondering what the biggest tire is I can get on to my new
torker LX. I'm just a beginner now- But I imagine the first thing I'm
going to want to do as a stopgap to buying an actual MUni will be to
throw a burly tire. There's always the WalMart 24X1.95 tire, but if I
could go bigger, I would, just on principle...

--
mboulanger - UniNoob
mboulanger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9642

Old April 18th 05, 05:47 AM
ColDawG

as i said earlier, i used a 1.95
but i just got that because i wore a hole (a few actually) through my LX
stock tire in a couple of months, and then i got a KH '05 :-P
It ROCKS so yeahh, get one of those as soon as possible (if you have the
dough)
also,
a 2.5" monty or similar trials tire SHOULD fit fine in the LX frame (a
20" wheel), but, the rim would be too narrow to prevent foldover (it'll
happen all the time) so either get a Muni, or get a trails wheelset to
pop into ur torker frame

Old April 18th 05, 05:55 AM
weissnp

one of my friends has a kenda kolassol on his torker dx 24 so i know
that will work how ever wide that is.

--
weissnp - I know nothing!
weissnp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9347

Old April 18th 05, 07:34 AM
The Yang

I put a Kenda Kolossal on my Torker DX and it fits just fine. FYI I was
screwing around with a friends uni and his Gazz fit in my frame perfect,
no rubbing, it was pretty (expletive deleted) close though, but it
worked

--
The Yang - Unicyclist with Balls

"I just rolled over my testicle" Tony J

The Yang's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9517

2.1 inch tires.... Jo Mountain Biking 5 February 22nd 05 06:32 PM
Wide 27 Inch Tires? Tom Asher Techniques 7 November 12th 04 06:19 AM
27 inch folding tires? cheg Techniques 3 August 25th 04 06:31 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant General 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM
Couple questions about bike tires Dan Musicant Techniques 19 July 24th 03 09:56 PM