The heck with Gatorade!

Old November 29th 03, 03:38 PM
Sorni

Default The heck with Gatorade!

Here's my new secret weapon:

http://www.engrish.com/

(Nov. 28-30 selection.)

Bill "can you tell I'm killing time deciding about a ride this morning?" S.

Old November 29th 03, 04:13 PM
Bill Blum

Sorni wrote:

Here's my new secret weapon:

http://www.engrish.com/

(Nov. 28-30 selection.)

......I have nothing to add, other than I need to get a beverage proof
keyboard.

Old November 29th 03, 07:36 PM
Stephen Baker

Sorni says:

Here's my new secret weapon:

So THAT's what Travis was talking about.....
Old November 29th 03, 07:55 PM
Q.

"Sorni" wrote
Here's my new secret weapon:

http://www.engrish.com/

(Nov. 28-30 selection.)

snip

Funny ... that's what some soldiers are doing to punk ass Iraqi's.

My little brother told me about this one (he's serving there). Take a
Gatorade bottle, fill it up half way with lemonade, the other half with
****. Put the bottle back into the cooler (this is key). Once it's nice
and cool, give it to some jerk.

C.Q.C.

Old November 29th 03, 08:27 PM
Chris B.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:55:38 -0500, "Q." LostVideos-AT-hotmail.com
wrote:

"Sorni" wrote
Here's my new secret weapon:

http://www.engrish.com/

(Nov. 28-30 selection.)

snip

Funny ... that's what some soldiers are doing to punk ass Iraqi's.

My little brother told me about this one (he's serving there). Take a
Gatorade bottle, fill it up half way with lemonade, the other half with
****. Put the bottle back into the cooler (this is key). Once it's nice
and cool, give it to some jerk.

C.Q.C.

I just hope that these weapons of micturition can be located and
destroyed before they wreak their collosal payload.
Old November 29th 03, 09:38 PM
(Pete Cresswell)

RE/
Put the bottle back into the cooler (this is key). Once it's nice
and cool, give it to some jerk.

That seems kind of foolishly mean.

Now: if he could work it out so that somebody *stole* it......
--
PeteCresswell
Old November 29th 03, 09:46 PM
Raptor

Q. wrote:
My little brother told me about this one (he's serving there). Take a
Gatorade bottle, fill it up half way with lemonade, the other half with
****. Put the bottle back into the cooler (this is key). Once it's nice
and cool, give it to some jerk.

C.Q.C.

"Winning hearts and minds the Rumsfeld way."

"We should not march into Baghdad. ... Assigning young soldiers to
a fruitless hunt for a securely entrenched dictator and condemning
them to fight in what would be an unwinnable urban guerilla war, it
could only plunge that part of the world into ever greater
instability." George Bush Sr. in his 1998 book "A World Transformed"

Old November 29th 03, 09:48 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:38:07 GMT, "Sorni"
wrote:
Here's my new secret weapon:
http://www.engrish.com/
(Nov. 28-30 selection.)
Bill "can you tell I'm killing time deciding about a ride this morning?" S.

I used to work at a computer store for Chinese people. On my first
day, it was suggested that I "Derete some fires". I had no clue
what he said...

Oh, and we used a "grue gun" for gruing ribbon cables in place when
we were going to ship a computer. Does anybody remember what a
"grue gun" is for shooting?

It is very dark... You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
--
Rick Onanian
Old November 29th 03, 10:49 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Rick Onanian wrote:
: It is very dark... You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

dungeon! zork! infocom! i have all of those, still. the language they
wrote 'em in was kinda cool (MDL, aka Inform) .. a kind of precursor to
Java (write once, byte code, run on an interpreter on lots of platforms).
activision sold all of the game files off for pretty cheap a few years
back and they made a comeback on palm pilots (you could get an Inform
interpreter and play Zork III on your pilot while waiting in line).

how cool is that?

there are interpreters for near any platform (frotz is one, iirc). people
are still writing games for inform. check Jailbait on I-0.
--
david reuteler

Old November 30th 03, 01:24 AM
The Real Bev

wrote:
Here's my new secret weapon:
http://www.engrish.com/
(Nov. 28-30 selection.)
Bill "can you tell I'm killing time deciding about a ride this morning?" S.

I used to work at a computer store for Chinese people. On my first
day, it was suggested that I "Derete some fires". I had no clue
what he said...

Oh, and we used a "grue gun" for gruing ribbon cables in place when
we were going to ship a computer. Does anybody remember what a
"grue gun" is for shooting?

It is very dark... You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

I used to work with a Japanese PhD. He could reproduce both R and L
sounds perfectly, but was unable to hear the difference. When he heard
an unfamiliar word containing an R or L he had to ask me which it was so
that he could say it properly.

--
Cheers,
Bev