Basso collapses !

Old May 21st 05, 04:12 PM
Keith

Default Basso collapses !

Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,
Old May 21st 05, 04:15 PM
Fred Marx

Keith wrote:
Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,

and obviously you stopped watching there.......
Old May 21st 05, 04:26 PM
Keith

On Sat, 21 May 2005 09:15:35 -0600, Fred Marx
wrote:

Keith wrote:
Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,

and obviously you stopped watching there.......

Er...no, why make such a stupid comment ?

Old May 21st 05, 05:39 PM
sonarrat

Keith wrote:
Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,

And as a result of the stage, Garate and Caucchioli launch themselves
into 5th and 6th, and Scarponi launches himself out of the top 10...

Speaking of which, how in the hell is Bruseghin holding on to the top
10??? Fassa has had a few surprise GC performances, but I would never
have pegged him for it.

-Sonarrat.
Old May 21st 05, 06:37 PM
Jan

sonarrat wrote:
Keith wrote:
Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,

And as a result of the stage, Garate and Caucchioli launch themselves
into 5th and 6th, and Scarponi launches himself out of the top 10...

Speaking of which, how in the hell is Bruseghin holding on to the top
10??? Fassa has had a few surprise GC performances, but I would never
have pegged him for it.

-Sonarrat.

He's doing well isn't he.
Cristi Anderson did say on Eurosport a few days ago that Bruseghin had been
told by FB that he'd be on his own as they would not be supporting him on
the GC preferring to get Pettachi to stage wins.

Jan

Old May 21st 05, 06:37 PM
Robert Chung

Keith wrote:
Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,

I think "collapse" isn't the right word. When I think collapse, I think
Cadel Evans in the 2002 Giro.

I was surprised to see DiLuca hang so tough and finish with Simoni. Good
on him.

Rujano wasn't happy when Garate took the points on Passo delle Erbe.

When Basso didn't chase Cunego and Simoni and they got brought back by
CSC, I thought that was evidence of level-headedness. In retrospect, maybe
it was an early sign of something more ominous.

I wonder how many riders keep little things to show the world if and when
they win a stage.

Old May 21st 05, 07:51 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:37:43 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
Rujano wasn't happy when Garate took the points on Passo delle Erbe.

Payback for not taking a pull on the climb.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old May 21st 05, 08:04 PM
Robert Chung

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:37:43 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
Rujano wasn't happy when Garate took the points on Passo delle Erbe.

Payback for not taking a pull on the climb.

Glad to hear it. That's what makes cycling so much fun--there's always
room for a grudge.

Old May 21st 05, 08:32 PM
k.papai

Who is Salvodelli?

Old May 21st 05, 10:07 PM
Howard Kveck

In article , "Jan"
wrote:

sonarrat wrote:
Keith wrote:
Most unexpected, Simoni and Salvodelli attack and Basso falls back
immediately,

And as a result of the stage, Garate and Caucchioli launch themselves
into 5th and 6th, and Scarponi launches himself out of the top 10...

Speaking of which, how in the hell is Bruseghin holding on to the top
10??? Fassa has had a few surprise GC performances, but I would never
have pegged him for it.

-Sonarrat.

He's doing well isn't he.
Cristi Anderson did say on Eurosport a few days ago that Bruseghin had been
told by FB that he'd be on his own as they would not be supporting him on
the GC preferring to get Pettachi to stage wins.

Jan

He should get an asterisk by his name in the records. Not for the usual
"done on dope" thing, but "did it with no team support".

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.