when will cyclists learn that pedestrian crossings are for .....pedestrians, not cyclists

Old August 11th 10, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default when will cyclists learn that pedestrian crossings are for .....pedestrians, not cyclists

If she had dismounted then she would be uninjured.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....l/article.html

Old August 11th 10, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:
If she had dismounted then she would be uninjured.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....l/article.html

If you did proper research rather than just cutting and pasting you
would know its a Toucan crossing which is for pedestrians and bikes (as
one of the comments notes).

So perhaps you should stop blaming the victim who crossed legally on a
green and focus your blame on the driver who not only didn't stop on a
red light but then drove off without even checking the victim was OK

Tony

Old August 11th 10, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
If she had dismounted then she would be uninjured.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....l/article.html

If you did proper research rather than just cutting and pasting you
would know its a Toucan crossing which is for pedestrians and bikes
(as one of the comments notes).

So perhaps you should stop blaming the victim who crossed legally on a
green and focus your blame on the driver who not only didn't stop on a
red light but then drove off without even checking the victim was OK

Tony

it is always a very good idea to see if the cars have stopped or there is
room to cross, rather than just take the green light as meaning it is clear
to cross. she had been drinking , I trust she was breathalysed as any road
user involved in an accident should be.

Old August 11th 10, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
If she had dismounted then she would be uninjured.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....l/article.html

If you did proper research rather than just cutting and pasting you
would know its a Toucan crossing which is for pedestrians and bikes
(as one of the comments notes).

So perhaps you should stop blaming the victim who crossed legally on a
green and focus your blame on the driver who not only didn't stop on a
red light but then drove off without even checking the victim was OK

Get real ****wit. She was ****ed & rode across a pedestrian crossing
without looking.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old August 11th 10, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

it is always a very good idea to see if the cars have stopped or
there is room to cross, rather than just take the green light as
meaning it is clear to cross. she had been drinking , I trust she
was breathalysed as any road user involved in an accident should be.

So you support red light running then?

Tony

Old August 12th 10, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default when will motorists learn that Toucan crossings should not beignored?

On 11 Aug, 23:50, Tony Raven wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

it is always a very good idea to see if the cars have stopped or
there is room to cross, rather than just take the green light as
meaning it is clear to cross.

More completely unjustified victim blaming?

*she had been drinking , I trust she
was breathalysed as any road user involved in an accident should be.

So you support red light running then?

Yes he does but only for drivers not cyclists. This is the sort of
bias and prejudice we can expect from the motorists who infest this
cycling newsgroup and indeed society as a whole.

Don't forget the hit and run too, a fairly common response by those
who cause death or injury on our roads. I suppose they hope they can
get away with it and without any troubled conscience whatsoever.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Old August 12th 10, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

it is always a very good idea to see if the cars have stopped or
there is room to cross, rather than just take the green light as
meaning it is clear to cross.

More completely unjustified victim blaming?

she had been drinking , I trust she
was breathalysed as any road user involved in an accident should be.

So you support red light running then?

Yes he does but only for drivers not cyclists. This is the sort of
bias and prejudice we can expect from the motorists who infest this
cycling newsgroup and indeed society as a whole.

Don't forget the hit and run too, a fairly common response by those
who cause death or injury on our roads. I suppose they hope they can
get away with it and without any troubled conscience whatsoever.

We only have her word that his light was red.
He stopped and saw a (drunk woman) that was only slightly hurt and had
brought the misfortune upon herself, and decided to drive away, yes he
should have stayed.
hit and run is actually very common for cyclists.

Old August 12th 10, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Mrcheerful wrote:

it is always a very good idea to see if the cars have stopped or
there is room to cross, rather than just take the green light as
meaning it is clear to cross.

More completely unjustified victim blaming?

she had been drinking , I trust she
was breathalysed as any road user involved in an accident should be.

So you support red light running then?

Yes he does but only for drivers not cyclists. This is the sort of
bias and prejudice we can expect from the motorists who infest this
cycling newsgroup and indeed society as a whole.

Don't forget the hit and run too, a fairly common response by those
who cause death or injury on our roads. I suppose they hope they can
get away with it and without any troubled conscience whatsoever.

We only have her word that his light was red.

Oh I see, that justifies being hit and run by a driver then, your
guesswork.

He stopped and saw a (drunk woman)

After just one drink? How many cars do you see in pub car parks?

that was only slightly hurt and had
brought the misfortune upon herself,

Of course! More victim blaming.

and decided to drive away, yes he
should have stayed.

How very gracious of you.

hit and run is actually very common for cyclists.

But much less numerous or as harmful than those of drivers.

-- .