Motorists, Red and Green ,learn the bloody difference

Old January 30th 20, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Motorists, Red and Green ,learn the bloody difference

On 30/01/2020 18:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 5:11:44 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
On Thursday, 30 January 2020 15:49:58 UTC, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 15:15:36 GMT, Mike Collins
wrote:

On Thursday, 30 January 2020 14:07:00 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 January 2020 23:37:30 UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/01/2020 21:52, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_WmVQo48s

When red goes out, it goes to green. Think about it. Anything else
only matters in quiz shows.

Are you one of those drivers who think Green Means Go?
Green means you MAY enter the junction IF it is safe to do so.

Gosh! You are such a clever person. What is life like in your council
flat these days?

?

He's lost it again; he often puts out ad-hom attacks.

I get the impression Mr Pounder is not overly burdened with intelligence.
Probably one of those sad lonely old men with a little dog in tow who waves his walking stick and shouts at any cyclist he sees.

It's worse than that - he carries an offensive weapon in the form of a chisel in his back pocket.

It's technically illegal to act as a vigilante in the UK.

What the law says:
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...shire-14801525

--
Bod
Old January 31st 20, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 January 2020 23:37:30 UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/01/2020 21:52, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_WmVQo48s

When red goes out, it goes to green. Think about it. Anything else
only matters in quiz shows.

Are you one of those drivers who think Green Means Go?
Green means you MAY enter the junction IF it is safe to do so.

Gosh! You are such a clever person. What is life like in your council
flat these days?

?

He's lost it again; he often puts out ad-hom attacks.

I get the impression Mr Pounder is not overly burdened with intelligence.
Probably one of those sad lonely old men with a little dog in tow who waves his walking stick and shouts at any cyclist he sees.

And waves his sharpened chisel.
Old January 31st 20, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 31/01/2020 09:25, Christie wrote:
Bod wrote:

On 30/01/2020 18:43, Simon Mason wrote:
On Thursday, January 30, 2020 at 5:11:44 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:

I get the impression Mr Pounder is not overly burdened with intelligence.
Probably one of those sad lonely old men with a little dog in tow who waves his walking stick and shouts at any cyclist he sees.

It's worse than that - he carries an offensive weapon in the form of a chisel in his back pocket.

It's technically illegal to act as a vigilante in the UK.

What the law says:
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/new...shire-14801525

Hmm... it seems the move from self-defence to vigilantism is a matter
of whether you have gone out after another person (eg. a cyclist).

Posts from this very newsgroup could provide very damming evidence
against certain individuals who appear to have a pathological hatred
against a minority of our community.

Met Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Steve Kavanagh says, ""What I
don't need is these so-called vigilantes, who appeared to have been
drinking too much and taking policing resources away from what they
should have been doing..."

Perhaps he should stick to stroking his little doggie. It is much safer
for the rest of the community.
Old January 31st 20, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 January 2020 23:37:30 UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 28/01/2020 21:52, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_WmVQo48s

When red goes out, it goes to green. Think about it. Anything else
only matters in quiz shows.

Are you one of those drivers who think Green Means Go?
Green means you MAY enter the junction IF it is safe to do so.

Gosh! You are such a clever person. What is life like in your council
flat these days?

?

He's lost it again; he often puts out ad-hom attacks.

I get the impression Mr Pounder is not overly burdened with intelligence.
Probably one of those sad lonely old men with a little dog in tow who waves his walking stick and shouts at any cyclist he sees.

It's worse than that - he carries an offensive weapon in the form of a chisel in his back pocket.

Maybe I should add Salt to my cycling tool kit. My Karate sensei told me the best way to stop a punch is not to be there, but if someone comes at me with a chisel I will make them eat it.
Old January 31st 20, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Mike Collins wrote:
[...]

why wouldn't you just run or cycle away? Far better than risking a
potentially fatal incident (for either party) Only fight if you are
backed into a corner.

Old January 31st 20, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

wrote:

On Thursday, 30 January 2020 14:07:00 UTC, Mr Pounder EsquireÂ* wrote:
Mike Collins wrote:
On Wednesday, 29 January 2020 23:37:30 UTC, TMS320Â* wrote:
[...]

why wouldn't you just run or cycle away?Â* Far better than risking a
potentially fatal incident (for either party)Â* Only fight if you are
backed into a corner.

Agreed...and best not to go looking for confrontations like Mr

Pounder does.

--
Bod