(B)logging Training Rides

Old November 12th 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
erasmo

Default (B)logging Training Rides

Hi dear Cyclists:

Have you sometimes felt that your traning rides are lost in oblivion
just because you are not carrying a digital camera ?

Fear no more. With just a simple GPS receiver and a blogger page, your
cotidiane training rides will be stored for ever, ready for any
potential future analysis :-)

Merging the web services of mapmyride.com and the Garmin Traning
Center, you could publish a detailed analysis of those weekly rides.

I would like to thank any opinion about the topics above mentioned,
which I have already put in practice in the following blog:

http://trainingrides.blogspot.com

And yes, the blog is written in english this time :-)

Regards

Old November 12th 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 12, 7:22 pm, erasmo wrote:
Hi dear Cyclists:

Have you sometimes felt that your traning rides are lost in oblivion
just because you are not carrying a digital camera ?

Fear no more. With just a simple GPS receiver and a blogger page, your
cotidiane training rides will be stored for ever, ready for any
potential future analysis :-)

Merging the web services of mapmyride.com and the Garmin Traning
Center, you could publish a detailed analysis of those weekly rides.

I would like to thank any opinion about the topics above mentioned,
which I have already put in practice in the following blog:

http://trainingrides.blogspot.com

And yes, the blog is written in english this time :-)

Regards

Thankyou Erasmo - I will look at it ;-)

Donga

Old November 13th 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
erasmo

On Nov 12, 3:22 am, erasmo wrote:
Hi dear Cyclists:

Have you sometimes felt that your traning rides are lost in oblivion
just because you are not carrying a digital camera ?

Fear no more. With just a simple GPS receiver and a blogger page, your
cotidiane training rides will be stored for ever, ready for any
potential future analysis :-)

Merging the web services of mapmyride.com and the Garmin Traning
Center, you could publish a detailed analysis of those weekly rides.

I would like to thank any opinion about the topics above mentioned,
which I have already put in practice in the following blog:

http://trainingrides.blogspot.com

And yes, the blog is written in english this time :-)

Regards

Hi dear Group:

Just a follow-up:

In order to embedd a track map in your web page, I would better
recommend using the free web map services of Wikiloc:

http://www.wikiloc.com

wikiloc use encoded polylines, so you can upload your complete GPS
track, with no need to simplify it

you need to simplify it in order it could be rendered by MapMyRide.com

you can have a look at an embedded map of a cycling ride (and
acompaning Garmin Trainig Center alaysis chart) using wikiloc in the

--
GPS Cycling Tours
http://erasmo.r8.org

Old November 13th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech

On Nov 13, 4:56 am, erasmo wrote:
On Nov 12, 3:22 am, erasmo wrote:

[...]

you guys can also use street and trips from microsoft. this amazing
software will help you calculate distance, elevation, and performance
(mph) etc.
it is a little price, but trust me you can even build pretty neat
cuesheets for your riding buddies
carlos
www.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

Old November 14th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Jim Behning

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:55:17 -0800, wrote:

On Nov 13, 4:56 am, erasmo wrote:

[...]

Streets and Trips does elevation? That word is not in their help
index.Is elevation something that you get from a gps import?
Old November 26th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

wrote in message
ups.com...

you guys can also use street and trips from microsoft. this amazing
software will help you calculate distance, elevation, and performance
(mph) etc.

dad has this program but I never noticed that feature

mk5000

"If you take cranberries and stew them like
applesauce, they
taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does."
-Groucho Marx