TT frame sizing question

Old August 21st 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default TT frame sizing question

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 19, 10:44 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you on your major point, I'm just saying that
people who are setting up TT bikes already know the major things they
have
to do and you can't tell whether they'll get an improvement by dropping
their bars or raising them without a wind tunnel test or a GREAT deal of
patience testing on a closed course.

yes, I don't think we're at odds here. I just don't know where's the
line at what you can and can't tell without getting tested in a wind
tunnel.

That line is really high because you can improve more by learning to ride
without figeting and drinking from a water bottle than you can by putting
$4K in aero gear on a bike.

Old August 21st 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 20, 8:40 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

That line is really high because you can improve more by learning to ride
without figeting and drinking from a water bottle than you can by putting
$4K in aero gear on a bike.

well that of course depends on your starting point. if you already can
ride fast without fidgeting and drinking from a water bottle then
you'll get a lot, in relative terms, from setting up a dedicated TT
bike.