Cyclocomputer: Stem Mountable

Old June 7th 04, 07:17 PM
Heidi

Default Cyclocomputer: Stem Mountable

Does anyone know a good cyclocomputer that is stem mountable instead of on
the handlebars? I have the Stella Azzurra bars and need a new computer that
works with the bars or one that mouns on the stem instead. I just bought a
Sigma as I was told that it can be mounted either way, however, I found out
that it only can be mounted either way if you buy the wired version, not the
wireless.

Thanks for any help!

Old June 7th 04, 08:13 PM
Joe Faust

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:17:29 -0700, "Heidi" wrote:

Does anyone know a good cyclocomputer that is stem mountable instead of on
the handlebars? I have the Stella Azzurra bars and need a new computer that
works with the bars or one that mouns on the stem instead. I just bought a
Sigma as I was told that it can be mounted either way, however, I found out
that it only can be mounted either way if you buy the wired version, not the
wireless.

Thanks for any help!

Just saw a HRM stem mount device a few minutes ago at:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...arrivals/jun03

Atomic Mount, near the bottom of the page, looks interesting, but IMO
is overpriced at $13.99, and overpriced for shipping, as well at $5.

Old June 7th 04, 08:40 PM
Zoot Katz

Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:17:29 -0700, ,
"Heidi" wrote:

Thanks for any help!

Are you certain that there's not four small screws holding it in
position so that when removed would permit rotating the unit 90º?

The Cronometro NOB is a device that can be attached to your stem and
the computer mounted on it.
--
zk
Old June 7th 04, 09:04 PM
Per Elmsäter

Joe Faust wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:17:29 -0700, "Heidi" wrote:

Does anyone know a good cyclocomputer that is stem mountable instead
of on the handlebars? I have the Stella Azzurra bars and need a new
computer that works with the bars or one that mouns on the stem
instead. I just bought a Sigma as I was told that it can be mounted
either way, however, I found out that it only can be mounted either
way if you buy the wired version, not the wireless.

Thanks for any help!

Just saw a HRM stem mount device a few minutes ago at:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?...arrivals/jun03

Atomic Mount, near the bottom of the page, looks interesting, but IMO
is overpriced at $13.99, and overpriced for shipping, as well at $5.

Well it was just a bunch of velcro and webbing. Study the pics and make your
own.

--
Perre

Old June 8th 04, 03:09 AM
Rick Onanian

wrote:
Does anyone know a good cyclocomputer that is stem mountable instead of on
the handlebars? I have the Stella Azzurra bars and need a new computer that

The old style Cateye Astrale (not the Astrale '8') can have it's
clamp easily removed from the mount, which can then be mounted to
anything using mounting tape or adhesive velcro (or whatever).
--
Rick Onanian
Old June 8th 04, 01:30 PM
Arnaud

Hi,

I use a Minoura Space Grip to do mount my GPS on the stem:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300001170

The base can be rotated 90 degrees to fit on the stem.

Cheers,
Arnaud

Old June 9th 04, 02:44 AM
Bernie

Arnaud wrote:

Hi,

I use a Minoura Space Grip to do mount my GPS on the stem:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5300001170

The base can be rotated 90 degrees to fit on the stem.

Cheers,
Arnaud

So can my Sigma Sport BC 800. It's a relative cheapie though, and it
does have a wire.
Bernie

Old June 10th 04, 01:04 AM
Drew Kristian

I just received my Atomic Mount. It was sent priority mail. Works
great, great product. Yes it is mainly Velcro but it is a one piece
design that is welded together so it will last a lot longer than a
couple of straps stuck together. I have a Polar 710 which I like to use
with my different bikes - it makes it much easier to transfer among them.

I guess you can buy velcro and make your own but the time to buy cut,
glue everthing together why bother? I know my time is more valuable
than that.

- Drew

In article ,
"Per Elmsäter" wrote:

Joe Faust wrote:
[...]

Ti Bolts for Ritchey Stem 8cht General 16 May 14th 04 07:31 PM
handlebar height n crowley General 35 April 19th 04 07:12 PM
stem length/fit question Dan Daniel General 6 April 1st 04 03:19 PM
Noob Question: Valve Stem Lock Nuts xkred27 General 8 March 14th 04 02:49 PM
Threaded versus threadless headset Hjalmar Duklæt General 64 August 29th 03 06:55 PM