FS-2003 Optima Stinger low racer

Old July 7th 04, 04:53 AM
Bill Wiley

Default FS-2003 Optima Stinger low racer

Well, after a short lived love affair with this bike I have decided I need
to sell it and go back to a bike with a mesh seat and slightly more upright
riding position.
Those of you not familiar with this brand, take a look at their website:
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/eng/2-10-1.htm
Optimas are made in The Netherlands, the land of the low racer.

This Optima is in excellent condition with gold paint. This was a demo bike,
but ridden infrequently. It has been ridden about 150 miles at the most.
Mostly it just sat around the shop (GoBent Cycles of Wenatchee, WA). The
seating angle is an adjustable and very laid back 20-25 degrees. Deore disc
hubs, rear derailleur, and shifters. Magura Judy hydraulic disc brakes
(phenomenal stopping power!), Tiagra cranks and front derailleur. Rear
spring/oil shock, dual 20" wheels with Vredestein tires.

Also included are a few different pieces of foam of varying firmness, as
well as the cloth cover for the foam. I will also include a brand new front
fender. If you wear a size 46 (or thereabouts) shoe, I will toss in some
shimano shoes as well. Pedals not included

This bike retails for about $2950, I am asking $2350 OBO, shipping not
included (but very reasonable if we use greyhound!)
Trades involving a Rotator bike will be considered.

Thanks for looking,

Bill Wiley
Eugene, OR
541-485-4783

A few pictures at
http://www.efn.org/~wkw/assorted/stinger/stinger3.jpg
http://www.efn.org/~wkw/assorted/stinger/stinger2.jpg
http://www.efn.org/~wkw/assorted/stinger/stinger1.jpg

Remove NOSPAM from my address to contact me via email

Old July 7th 04, 11:19 AM
Edward Dolan

"Bill Wiley" wrote in message
Well, after a short lived love affair with this bike I have decided I need
to sell it and go back to a bike with a mesh seat and slightly more

upright
riding position.
Those of you not familiar with this brand, take a look at their website:
http://www.optima-cycles.nl/eng/2-10-1.htm
Optimas are made in The Netherlands, the land of the low racer.

[...]

Bill, it looks like a super bike and I have always wanted one of these types
of bikes, but I can't ride them because I will get numb feet after about a
half hour or so from the high BB. I would be curious as to why you are
selling this bike. Was it that the high bottom bracket was causing foot
numbness for you or was it just other comfort problems (maybe neck pain) or
handling problems (balance, steering, ergonomics).

--
Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old July 9th 04, 08:48 PM
Bill Wiley

Still have this for sale. IF you guys know anyone who might be interested
please tell them about it.

Thanks

Bill Wiley
541-485-4783

Old July 9th 04, 09:16 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:48:08 -0700, Bill Wiley
wrote in message
:

Still have this for sale. IF you guys know anyone who might be interested
please tell them about it.

Got one, thanks :-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old August 13th 10, 08:19 AM
vanquisheder vanquisheder is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Dolan View Post
...optima batteries
Those of you not familiar with this brand, take a look at their website:

Ed Dolan - Minnesota
Thanks for the help. I heard about this brand but just wanted to be sure on the information I got before investing. Thanks again.

Last edited by vanquisheder : September 9th 10 at 07:35 PM.