wii fit

Old October 8th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bouncybuddha

Default wii fit

Wii fit is a good tool to help you learn to keep your balance its so
cool if haveing problems and have a wii try and get this game it helps.

--
Bouncybuddha
Old October 8th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

My wife and I haven't used a wii, or wii fit, but have looked at the wii
fit videos at the Nintendo wii site. I was trying to encourage my wife
to use this for exercise.

My wife's reactions,
The exercise programs has strange looking characters, the voice and
sound effects seemed annoying. The activity choices appeared limited.

From what we saw at the Nintendo site, I agree with my wife (not just
because I'm well domesticated), but I suspect wii fit may be better than
that. So I'm left curious what more users have to say about the exercise
routines.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Old October 8th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

I bought one of these 5 months ago, and have to say that I think it's
great. (So great, in fact, I started a 'thread '
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...php?t=69727)on it at the
time)

I used it quite a bit in my training for Ride The Lobster as I found it
gave a good workout to a lot of muscles that just riding alone didn't
do.

I'm not sure that it will do much to help unicyclists balance though -
as unicyclists we have very good balance to start with, plus we have
access to something that will gives more physical feedback than just a
red dot on the tv. It is good, however, for monitoring and tracking
your progress though.

Crashing, I appreciate your wifes thoughts, but have to say that these
are not a problem for me. I do talk back to the screen a lot when I'm
being nagged, but apart from that I think the 'game' works well. It
would be nice if you could upload your own music to work out too though
as the same tunes do get a bit repetitive.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old October 8th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
videotoast

Chrashing;1109418 wrote:
My wife and I haven't used a wii, or wii fit, but have looked at the wii
fit videos at the Nintendo wii site. I was trying to encourage my wife
to use this for exercise.

My wife's reactions,
The exercise programs has strange looking characters, the voice and
sound effects seemed annoying. The activity choices appeared limited.

From what we saw at the Nintendo site, I agree with my wife (not just
because I'm well domesticated), but I suspect wii fit may be better than
that. So I'm left curious what more users have to say about the exercise
routines.

I think I will get one for my next wife's tryouts......looks like a
pretty good way to get your heart rate up, to me.....and I don't even
like to hula hoop.

YouTube - Broadcast
Yourself.

--
videotoast
Old October 8th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Harley

I just heard of the Wii Fit program a few days ago.

As I'm not overly computer literate is there a way that someone
would be able to develop the software that would put a unicycle learning
program on Wii?

Not sure how you would simulate sitting on the uni and pedaling but you
computer types might have some good ideas

As I understand it there is a tight rope program that you can do on
Wii.

--
Harley

Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can **** a hole
through a rock.
Old October 8th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SqueakyOnion

I've never really understood the appeal of exercising in front of a
screen, much less paying hundreds of dollars for the privilege.

It seems too much like I'd be the hamster in its wheel, which is kind
of creepy.

--
SqueakyOnion

"The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more." - Fortune
Cookie

I am not a Texan. I'm a Pennsylvanian!
Old October 8th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Because its fun. I think its worth it if me and some friends can hang
out, play funny little games.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old October 8th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rookie rider

uhhhhhh...
what is this world coming to, getting fit by playing video games. but
yet, so cool

--
rookie rider

Originally Posted by warlord14
we need to build are numbers up then we can start on are way to
unicycle domination.
Old October 9th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclist.ca

semach.the.monkey;1109494 wrote:
I do talk back to the screen a lot when I'm being nagged

I enjoy picturing that.

--
unicyclist.ca

http://www.Unicyclist.ca