It's not every day...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 21st 17, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default It's not every day...

On 15/07/2017 21:17, wrote:

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 8:25:05 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 14/07/2017 18:02,
wrote:

I assume you have evidence that I do not use my own money to buy newspapers when I choose to do so.

How can you possibly have used your own money to buy newspapers when you
haven't bought one for about twenty-five years (though you're uncklear
about the Sunday Telegraph)?
Or have you already forgotten when you wrote in your previous post?

At the time (may 11 1990) I was working with Colin Pillinger at the Open University, we were at a seminar day at the Royal Society.
£18Kpa seemed like a fortune after being a student.

And?

Do 'Road Users' include cyclists in your fairy tale world?

No more so than pedestrians (of which latter group I make no criticism).

So why do cyclists have to obey road rules if they are not road users?

Who said cyclists are not road users?

Certainly not I. I said that they are no more road-users than
pedestrians are. And they aren't.

You may (or, possibly, may not) recall that we were discussing people
other than cyclists (ie, we were discussing the ones who pay billions of
taxes annually in various taxes and duties in addition to the usual
incom tax, NI, VAT, etc).

That would be the £6 billion motorists pay in [Road Tax]

It would include that money, certainly.

Let's see whether you're intelligent enough to work out the (much
greater) value of other taxes paid in connection with motorised road-use.

I wouldn't put money on that, though.