Build it and they won't come

Old September 27th 17, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Build it and they won't come

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 8:42:12 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 22:18:29 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/26/2017 7:54 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/26/2017 6:02 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/26/2017 5:03 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/26/2017 3:18 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:20:06 AM UTC-7,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/26/2017 1:35 PM,
wrote:

The government was never suppose to provide for you
what you should be capable of providing for yourself.
This constant taxing away people's income for
government services is a large part of why inflation is
so high.

https://www.statbureau.org/en/united-states/inflation

Here we go again with your idiotic ideas of how to hide
inflation. Yesterday I bought one lb of skirt steak. This
is not an especially expensive piece of meat since it is
the part that is cut off when they are butchering steaks.

One lb of beef - almost $34. Two market steaks that were
about 3/4 lb. $13. I was afraid to ask them how much New
York cuts would cost.

Yeah, there isn't any inflation. Four zucchini squash -
SMALL - $5 ($2.99/lb) A can of diced tomatoes that you
have to buy because it is the season when tomato flies
will invade your home if you leave ripe tomatoes out.

OK, finally something I know something about. Store-brand
diced tomatoes are 79c/can around here. What's the
CaliforniaÂ* price?

Our store's advertising $1.00 for 28 ounces.

I hope your cans are smaller than ours; I don't want to have
to gripe like Tom.

14oz/79cents here.
I am being exploited by the Ohio Tomato Cartel.

Well, don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure mine was a sale price. They're
probably not much different in their regular prices.

Tomato's you can raise in the back yard and "can" them for use all
winter.

Words from a real farmer there.
Old September 27th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:41:49 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 11:47:50 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 9:54:43 PM UTC-5, Tim McNamara wrote:

BTW, St. Paul's city council and mayor also pride themselves for the
city being allegedly named "the most livable city in America" or some
such bull****. In the mean time, hate crimes and violence have
ticked up dramatically this year-

Trump.

I was gonna go with the opioid epidemic and a jump in meth use around
here as being among the key drivers, as well as gang-on-gang violence.
There has also been something of a boom in the "club scene" in downtown
Minneapolis which seems to have led to increased violent crimes
(apparently young drunks wandering about at 2:00 AM are a bit
irritable).

Not sure that Trump has had a direct effect. He certainly doesn;t seem
to have had a positive effect here (or much of anywhere) but there's not
really a discernible negative effect I can point to. Wish I could, the
dude is *such* a ******.

A lot of big money backed Trump because they never in a million years believed that he would be elected. The idea was to kill off the Republican competition. It seems to have blown up in their faces. This next election you can expect the Democrats to lose another 37 or so seats.

The liberals are dying. The idea that race and mental disorder divisions can be used to control people missed the point that race and mental disorders are a minority in any country.
Old September 27th 17, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/26/2017 3:18 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:20:06 AM UTC-7,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/26/2017 1:35 PM,
wrote:

[...]

California price?

Our store's advertising $1.00 for 28 ounces.

I hope your cans are smaller than ours; I don't want to have
to gripe like Tom.

14oz/79cents here.
I am being exploited by the Ohio Tomato Cartel.

Well, don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure mine was a sale price. They're
probably not much different in their regular prices.

Tomato's you can raise in the back yard and "can" them for use all
winter.

Girlfriend can put up 24 pints of tomatoes from her garden
in a day. They are excellent (more appreciated because I
don't do the actual work!).

That's a long day in a steamy kitchen in already hot weather
not counting the gas or tilling, planting, staking and
especially weeding. Plus a box of rings and lids. At market
rates, I assume about $50 per pint.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 27th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

OK Andrew - I JUST got the sales sheet from Safeway: I was quoting prices from the store labels. Here is the normal labels:

Hunts 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes: normally $1.79 and on-sale $1.48
White Potatoes: normally $1.99 lb and on-sale $1.63
A bag of potato chips: $4.49 and on-sale $4.06
Old September 27th 17, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 3:18:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Here we go again with your idiotic ideas of how to hide inflation. Yesterday I bought one lb of skirt steak. This is not an especially expensive piece of meat since it is the part that is cut off when they are butchering steaks.

One lb of beef - almost $34. Two market steaks that were about 3/4 lb. $13. I was afraid to ask them how much New York cuts would cost.

Where the FUC- are you buying your meat, boy? You obviously have no clue how to shop for groceries. If you buy bike parts the same way you buy meat, you must have the most expensive bike on earth. At my grocery store up on the corner, your steak is about $5 per pound. Of course I do live amongst the cows, so when they are slaughtered, its just a couple miles of transport to get them in my store.
Old September 27th 17, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 9:54:43 PM UTC-5, Tim McNamara wrote:

BTW, St. Paul's city council and mayor also pride themselves for the
city being allegedly named "the most livable city in America" or some
such bull****. In the mean time, hate crimes and violence have
ticked up dramatically this year-

Trump.

I was gonna go with the opioid epidemic and a jump in meth use around
here as being among the key drivers...

That's certainly true near my home. Well, not hate crimes; just crime in
general, especially theft. Prostitution is up, too, according to police.

There has also been something of a boom in the "club scene" in downtown
Minneapolis which seems to have led to increased violent crimes
(apparently young drunks wandering about at 2:00 AM are a bit
irritable).

Ya think?

I'm reminded of an incident from my college days. About five college
friends and I went to a resort town for a couple days. We were walking
the boardwalk at night just before everything shut down, and another
crew of six guys walking the other way accosted us, pushing and cussing
and trying to start a fight.

Why? It turned out precisely the same thing had happened to them a few
minutes before. They lost that little skirmish, and were looking to
regain their sense of toughness.

Amazingly, I was able to talk the entire thing down, calming both my
guys and their guys. We didn't part as good friends, but we parted
peacefully.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 27th 17, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
[...]

On the third when I did that overly hot ride I came to a spot I don't normally go. I had to go through a three block area and I saw three people openly selling dope. My guess is that the cops don't go there.
Old September 28th 17, 03:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:20:06 AM UTC-7,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/26/2017 1:35 PM,
wrote:

[...]

California* price?

Our store's advertising $1.00 for 28 ounces.

I hope your cans are smaller than ours; I don't want to have
to gripe like Tom.

14oz/79cents here.
I am being exploited by the Ohio Tomato Cartel.

Well, don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure mine was a sale price. They're
probably not much different in their regular prices.

Tomato's you can raise in the back yard and "can" them for use all
winter.

Words from a real farmer there.

Nope, not me. I left home as soon as I could and never weeded another
row. But my folks had a garden until they were in their 80's and my
mother canned food for the winter during most of that period.

You see Tom, back in the day, New Englanders assumed that you must be
feeble minded to actually pay for something that you could do your
self.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 28th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 9/26/2017 3:18 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 11:20:06 AM UTC-7,
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/26/2017 1:35 PM,
wrote:

[...]

My mother always used the jars with the glass tops with a sort of
spring latch. that way you only had to buy the rings :-)

Good Lord! I just found them on Amazon
http://tinyurl.com/ycjw5oyz
and they were $10 each.

I guess Tom was right. You got inflation there!
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old September 28th 17, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 3:03:14 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/27/2017 4:46 PM, wrote: