Carrying tools

Old October 24th 17, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Carrying tools

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 6:41:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 6:39:54 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

Hard to pick up? 40 oz = 2.5 lbs. or 1.1 kg. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Most, many bikes today weigh 20 pounds total. So you are talking about 10-12% extra weight. Lets pretend a bicyclist weighs 200 pounds. It would be nothing for him to put on a 20 pound weight vest and go riding. Just 10%.

Ahem. I said I was on tour. The bike, a Bridgestone RB-2 with RX-100, may have weighed only 21 Lbs according to weight weenies, but the trailer must've weighed 70.

Old October 24th 17, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 12:57:47 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:23:05 PM UTC-7, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:22:24 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I ride with one bottle 99% of the time. Don't see the point of carrying the extra weight. Where I ride its rarely more than 10 miles between towns where its easy to get water or drinks. Why carry extra weight for nothing? Maybe all the pros like you ride in the middle of nowhere and its 100 miles between water.

All our parks departments have a fetish for turning off water
fountains. When I checked to see whether the only remaining fountain
at the CCAC had been turned off for the winter, I found a bare pipe
sticking up out of the ground -- both the fountain and the faucet
under it had been removed.

I confidently rode to Pierceton with only enough water for one way,
only to find that the only water fountain in town was out of order.
When I asked, I was told that it had been turned off for the winter
the previous fall, and nobody had seen fit to turn it on in the
spring. Fortunately, I'd come to attend a festival, and was able to
buy a bottle of water from the Lions.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

goo.gl/jjfjkh

goo.gl/bYmcsi

hard finding road water coming down toward Utah. Lotta sun no outside water.

Dry,always disappointing. Love those pipe latch lever rigs.

Too thick to drink... too thin to plow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n-Kk36Im48
Old October 25th 17, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

AE6KS

https://www.bing.com/search?q=giardi...4813ED68636AC6

I have an MSR pour thru into the MSR bag system. No pump. with a Steri Adventure.

Fill upper bag, water runs thru gravity filter ( "OK NOW BRING THE TREE OVER HERE") into lower storage bag. MIRACLE !

So the first use was below a MX fluoride mine's debris field. I was print warned but the day long paddle into evening below a colossal wow wow bread loaf cliff at Black Eddy severed that brain area.

Is NBC carrying the Giro??? Paul Kossa Racing 3 January 28th 09 04:29 PM
Carrying muni on mtb tobbogonist Unicycling 0 November 20th 07 11:10 AM
Carrying a laptop Chris[_3_] Australia 13 June 25th 07 12:12 PM
Carrying Chancock Unicycling 18 January 29th 07 02:27 PM
carrying stuff cathwood Unicycling 13 March 31st 05 05:59 PM