A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Rides
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old July 29th 11, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Ronko
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 313
Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

In article ,
says...


Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she

was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."

"I thought he was joking around but he got angry and asked me for ID,"
the 31-year-old tells the paper. "I didn't even think for one second
that my outfit could be harmful or disturbing. I was on my way back to
the hotel when it happened and I changed into pants. I didn't want to
get into trouble again."

The "leggy blonde" says she was let go without receiving a ticket, and
did not catch the officer's name.

"Whether this story bears even a modest semblance of what actually
occurred is impossible to establish without being provided the
purported officer's name and getting his side of the story," NYPD
Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne responded when questioned by the
paper.

We may not know his name, but we do know this: He's never had his
maxidress caught in a bike spoke.

Meanwhile, there's more bad news for miniskirt lovers: A recent study
says they're a no-go for women over 35.



http://fashionetc.com/news/fashion/2...irt-bike-nypd?
utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=la unch
America, love it or leave it, eh? Idiotic moral values gone awry.

Ads
  #12  
Old July 29th 11, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
TFM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:23:29 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
"Colin B." wrote:

In rec.bicycles.tech Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was
beating the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over
by the NYPD for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New
York Daily News reports.
The Village voice had a picture of her wearing the offending skirt.
I'm fairly sure I'd have been distracted by it too, but that's my
fault, not hers. ~
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...jn_rijcken.php



I've seen way more distracting outfits on bicyclists than that.


My neighborhood is full of cyclists with exposed flesh as
well, many quite distracting (which is a 'feature' not a
'problem').


Yes, agreed. Unfortunately I mainly see such delicious distractions when
I'm in my truck or looking out the window of my house.
When I'm out cycling, it's ugly toads like myself that I mostly encounter.

TFM
  #13  
Old July 29th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Michael Press
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,202
Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

In article ,
Garrison Hilliard wrote:

Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."


The officer had no official business with her.
I call it harassment. If miniskirt riding is
out, then all pillion riding girlfriends may
not wear skirts.

--
Michael Press
  #14  
Old July 30th 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
T°m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 813
Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

On 7/29/2011 10:29 AM, Hank wrote:
[...]
This thread is useless without pictures.


See:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/253597_234485549898550_191348224212283_1144779_106 6801_n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/38031_443910883687_643388687_6075040_1812150_n.jpg ,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269742_10150314465863688_643388687_9494800_967434_ n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/190166_10150174161818688_643388687_8450052_4612777 _n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/167387_10150133815523688_643388687_8018165_620798_ n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/23432_403150238687_643388687_5025577_2426521_n.jpg ,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/179617_10150133501843688_643388687_8013975_3998284 _n.jpg.

Just for Hank: Note that Ms. Rijcken is *not* wearing a foam bicycle hat.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #15  
Old July 30th 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
T°m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 813
Default OT - Pillion Position

On 7/29/2011 5:09 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Garrison wrote:

Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."


The officer had no official business with her.
I call it harassment. If miniskirt riding is
out, then all pillion riding girlfriends may
not wear skirts.


If they are smart, pillion riding girlfriends are wearing full pants and
a jacket of tear-resistant leather or fabric, with knee, hip, elbow and
shoulder armor inserts, calf to knee high boots with straps that retain
the boots on the feet, gloves with armor inserts, and a full face
*motorcycle* helmet.

Saw two squids today wearing shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops, but
nothing on their heads riding liter-class bikes. I will feel no pity if
they end up spending weeks in rehab getting skin grafts and other
reconstructive surgery. Of course, about 98% of the people on
liter-class bikes (or even worse, a Hayabusa or ZX-14) have no business
riding them.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #16  
Old July 30th 11, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Dan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 896
Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

"T°m [email protected]" " writes:

On 7/29/2011 10:29 AM, Hank wrote:
[...]
This thread is useless without pictures.


See:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/253597_234485549898550_191348224212283_1144779_106 6801_n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/38031_443910883687_643388687_6075040_1812150_n.jpg ,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/269742_10150314465863688_643388687_9494800_967434_ n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/190166_10150174161818688_643388687_8450052_4612777 _n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/167387_10150133815523688_643388687_8018165_620798_ n.jpg,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/23432_403150238687_643388687_5025577_2426521_n.jpg ,
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/179617_10150133501843688_643388687_8013975_3998284 _n.jpg.


*Very* nice. Thanks for that!

Just for Hank: Note that Ms. Rijcken is *not* wearing a foam bicycle hat.


Who determines what it is to "cycle properly", and who cares what that twit
thinks.

"Where is fancy bread. In the heart? Or in the head."
  #18  
Old July 30th 11, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Dan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 896
Default OT - Pillion Position

"T°m [email protected]" " writes:

On 7/29/2011 5:09 PM, Michael Press wrote:
In ,
Garrison wrote:

Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the NYPD
for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily News
reports.

Rijcken, who was in town for the New Amsterdam Bike Show, says she was
approached by an officer who told her that her outfit was "very
disturbing, and it's distracting the cars and it's dangerous."


The officer had no official business with her.
I call it harassment. If miniskirt riding is
out, then all pillion riding girlfriends may
not wear skirts.



I think the officer is simply "very disturbed".

If they are smart, pillion riding girlfriends are wearing full pants
and a jacket of tear-resistant leather or fabric, with knee, hip,
elbow and shoulder armor inserts, calf to knee high boots with straps
that retain the boots on the feet, gloves with armor inserts, and a
full face *motorcycle* helmet.

Saw two squids today wearing shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops, but
nothing on their heads riding liter-class bikes. I will feel no pity
if they end up spending weeks in rehab getting skin grafts and other
reconstructive surgery. Of course, about 98% of the people on
liter-class bikes (or even worse, a Hayabusa or ZX-14) have no
business riding them.


Some flattrack bikes used to be configured with a solo saddle behind
the tank for cornering, and a *little* pad (pillion?)on the rear fender
to set your butt on when tucking down on the straightaway.

As for girlfriends on the back, the main thing is that they hang on in
case of unexpected wheelie.
  #19  
Old July 30th 11, 08:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Lou Holtman[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 628
Default Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD

Op 29-7-2011 20:23, AMuzi schreef:
Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
"Colin B." wrote:

In rec.bicycles.tech Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Talk about hell on wheels!

Dutch bicycle company manager Jasmijn Rijcken claims she was beating
the heat in a miniskirt on May 3 when she was pulled over by the
NYPD for flashing a "disturbing" amount of skin, the New York Daily
News reports.
The Village voice had a picture of her wearing the offending skirt.
I'm fairly sure I'd have been distracted by it too, but that's my
fault, not hers. ~
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...jn_rijcken.php



I've seen way more distracting outfits on bicyclists than that.


My neighborhood is full of cyclists with exposed flesh as well, many
quite distracting (which is a 'feature' not a 'problem').



Exactly. In the Netherlands we have what we call 'rokjesdag'. That is
the first really nice day in spring where all the girls, the young ones
first, put on their skirts (rokjes) to get a sun tan on their still
winter white legs.

Everyone is looking forward to that day, the law enforcement included.

Lou
  #20  
Old July 30th 11, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
T°m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 813
Default OT - Pillion Position

On 7/30/2011 12:28 AM, Dan wrote:

Some flattrack bikes used to be configured with a solo saddle behind
the tank for cornering, and a *little* pad (pillion?)on the rear fender
to set your butt on when tucking down on the straightaway.

As for girlfriends on the back, the main thing is that they hang on in
case of unexpected wheelie.


Like this?
http://www.flamingo-motortours.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Honda-Goldwing-wheelie.jpg

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD Garrison Hilliard General 26 August 2nd 11 01:39 AM
Miniskirt-Wearing Cyclist Pulled Over by NYPD Garrison Hilliard Techniques 26 August 2nd 11 01:39 AM
"NYPD cop to be tried for pushing Critical Mass cyclist" Doug[_3_] UK 0 April 15th 10 06:56 AM
Critical Mass cyclist sues NYPD for $1.5M. Doug[_3_] UK 20 July 9th 09 10:17 AM
NYPD cops loses badge and gun after cyclist assault. spindrift UK 14 July 30th 08 07:13 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.