Heine on inflation

Old March 11th 16, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default Heine on inflation

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:35:16 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:53:06 AM UTC-6, jbeattie wrote:
I like the pictures.

-- Jay Beattie.

Yes for scenery they are nice pictures. But the people in the pictures were odd.

First picture you have a group of riders. Some wearing that evil lycra fabric. Racing jerseys. And one guy wearing jeans with a belt? Who rides in jeans and a belt? Oddly everyone was wearing a helmet. I thought this Heine guy was one of the free love, peace, anti nuclear, anti helmet people.

Expand the photos. Two of the eight in the group that can be clearly
seen are wearing what appear to be cycling jerseys, or at least
jerseys with writing on the back. Of the remaining, two are wearing
what appear to be button down the front short sleeved shirts and the
remaining are wearing what look like a long sleeve shirt or jersey
that do not appear to be specific cycling jerseys - no pockets in the
back.

The guy that you think is wearing blue jeans is certainly wearing a
belt but the pants equally certain are not jeans, They appear to be
knee lengths shorts as one of the other riders are wearing.

The guys with the beards are carrying handle bar bags that look very
similar to what Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur riders carry.

The Paris - Brest - Paris is a 1200 km(~745 miles) ride done in 90
hours or less. The winning rider in 2015 did the distance in a bit
over 42 hours.

And a picture below you have two guys with Grizzly Adams beards and handlebar bags bigger than suitcases. Were they going on a week long ride and needed to carry all their gear?

And a few pictures lower we have two riders on the road and the bald eagle in front of them. And one of the riders is on the wrong side of the double yellow line. I know the people on this forum advocate taking the lane and riding as far from the edge of the road as possible. But to actually cross the yellow line and ride in the oncoming traffic lane? Apparently they have different rules of the road in Seattle.

--
cheers,

John B.

Old March 11th 16, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:03:29 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
https://janheine.wordpress.com/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Heine's descriptive analysis broadens Berto's work on both lower than and higher than pressures.

if pressure is to hi then the rig vibrates against every asphalt cut. If to low the tread material grips asphalt losing energy.

The soft approach works with an auto's HP less so with 1/50 HP on the bike

so nothing changed since Berto only a more involved way to pass the info into the street.

Old March 11th 16, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

is why ur irritable ?
Old March 11th 16, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

I would never ride on lame-ass tires like that!
Old March 11th 16, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

He's probably having pot withdrawal, Gene.
Old March 11th 16, 12:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 12:44:56 AM UTC-5, wrote:
He's probably having pot withdrawal, Gene.

not likely. we have Ariel photos, direct info from Rita.

lotta Cals are backwards.

https://goo.gl/6vVLbT
Old March 11th 16, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:38:50 PM UTC-6, John B. wrote:

The guys with the beards are carrying handle bar bags that look very
similar to what Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur riders carry.

The Paris - Brest - Paris is a 1200 km(~745 miles) ride done in 90
hours or less. The winning rider in 2015 did the distance in a bit
over 42 hours.

Ha ha. Ho ho. I have ridden Paris-Brest-Paris. 2007. My memory is fading but I do not recall anyone using handlebar bags anywhere near that size. I was with the fast group, the 80 hour. So maybe all the people with suitcases on the front of their bikes were in the 90 hour group leaving behind me.
Old March 11th 16, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:46:30 PM UTC-6, Joerg wrote:
And one guy wearing jeans with a
belt? Who rides in jeans and a belt?

raises hand

I do. Jeans shorts, with belt.
--
Regards, Joerg

On a group bicycle ride as in the picture? I understand using jeans and a belt to ride to the store. But jeans and a belt on a group bicycle ride where you know in advance you are going on a ride. You have a designated meeting time and place to begin the ride. And then ride out in the country. Jeans and belt?
Old March 11th 16, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 10:34:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:46:30 PM UTC-6, Joerg wrote:
And one guy wearing jeans with a
belt? Who rides in jeans and a belt?

raises hand

I do. Jeans shorts, with belt.
--
Regards, Joerg

On a group bicycle ride as in the picture? I understand using jeans and a belt to ride to the store. But jeans and a belt on a group bicycle ride where you know in advance you are going on a ride. You have a designated meeting time and place to begin the ride. And then ride out in the country. Jeans and belt?

https://www.rei.com/product/827481/c...go-shorts-mens

shorts....didnah read shorts but still its hot out there.... the ridgers are AAA

mine were on sale.

Jan Heine on headlights Frank Krygowski[_2_] Techniques 2 September 29th 13 01:46 AM
Kickin a little (Jan) Heine ceecee Techniques 1 July 2nd 10 03:00 PM
OT Inflation Tom Crispin UK 77 August 16th 08 01:17 PM
OT Inflation Danny Colyer UK 0 August 12th 08 06:35 PM
OT Inflation spindrift UK 0 August 12th 08 03:40 PM