Performance Bike, Nice Story

Old January 14th 05, 05:31 PM
joel roth

Default Performance Bike, Nice Story

I have a somewhat old Performance Hurricane pump. I wrote them a note
explaining that the 'gripper' had worn out and the pump no longer held
onto presta valves.

They sent out a new pump head, free of charge, which arrived yesterday.

Since this group occasionally beats up various mail order companies, I
thought a heart warming story would be nice.

Joel

Old January 14th 05, 05:47 PM
Neil Brooks

joel roth wrote, in part:

Since this group occasionally beats up various mail order companies, I
thought a heart warming story would be nice.

Please, Joel . . . sometimes beating up mail order companies is all we've
got ;-)

Old January 14th 05, 06:36 PM
Zog The Undeniable

joel roth wrote:

I have a somewhat old Performance Hurricane pump. I wrote them a note
explaining that the 'gripper' had worn out and the pump no longer held
onto presta valves.

They sent out a new pump head, free of charge, which arrived yesterday.

The CEO didn't come round and fit it himself? What a bunch of
fly-by-nights!
Old January 17th 05, 11:51 PM

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
joel roth wrote:

I have a somewhat old Performance Hurricane pump. I wrote them a

note
explaining that the 'gripper' had worn out and the pump no longer

held
onto presta valves.

They sent out a new pump head, free of charge, which arrived

yesterday.

The CEO didn't come round and fit it himself? What a bunch of
fly-by-nights!

And did Performance give proper advice/recommendations/instructions on
how to mount the pump to your bicycle? Probably not. Its so hard to
get good customer service.

Old January 20th 05, 07:40 PM
Pat Lamb

John Everett wrote:

Luckily the Hurricane (my personal favorite) is a floor pump. It must
be my favorite, I've owned so many. Fortunately the L'ist of my LBSes
is a Performance store. Every time a Hurricane breaks they cheerfully
exchange it for a new one, no questions asked. I've lost track of how
many I've gone through, but it's at least five. :-)

Not exactly a recommendation for someone who has to deal with
Performance via mail (or phone, web, UPS, FedEx, etc.). Unless they'll
ship the replacements for free...

which they did last year on pads for my workstand.

Hmm.

Pat