new and cheap safety gear?

Old May 23rd 07, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilD

Default new and cheap safety gear?

On May 23, 3:35 pm, (Roger Merriman) wrote:
today on my way was hot so i wore my straw hat, okay it's lunch time,
and it's a nice sunny day so everything has that nice feeling but i did
seem to be given more room?

maybe they think people riding with straw hats might do something odd?
possibly i looked less in control.

any way nice pootle in the sun.

Don't know whereabouts you are, but here in north Wiltshire there
seemed to be a special breed of Moronicus Britanicus out today, made
worse as my lunch time "pootle" was to the bike shop to leave my
trusty steed whilst they fitted a new bottom bracket, then walk home
to get steed no. 2 to return to work.

I'm glad you had a good ride. I'll have to think about getting some
form of head covering - straw, of course. How did you stop it from
blowing away? (serious question)

PhilD

Old May 23rd 07, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

PhilD wrote on 23/05/2007 15:58 +0100:

I'm glad you had a good ride. I'll have to think about getting some
form of head covering - straw, of course. How did you stop it from
blowing away? (serious question)

Research shows blond wigs to be very effective

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old May 23rd 07, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
PhilD wrote on 23/05/2007 15:58 +0100:

I'm glad you had a good ride. I'll have to think about getting some
form of head covering - straw, of course. How did you stop it from
blowing away? (serious question)

Research shows blond wigs to be very effective

I imagine wigs get quite warm - possibly better suited to the winter.
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old May 23rd 07, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burt

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
PhilD wrote on 23/05/2007 15:58 +0100:

I'm glad you had a good ride. I'll have to think about getting some
form of head covering - straw, of course. How did you stop it from
blowing away? (serious question)

Research shows blond wigs to be very effective

could this really have been due to the rotating knives on the wheels?

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

new and cheap safety gear? Roger Merriman UK 4 May 24th 07 01:46 PM
Safety gear Random UK 2 June 11th 06 01:16 PM
safety gear JUNGAUNI Unicycling 13 March 8th 06 03:52 AM
what safety gear... e39m5 Unicycling 13 June 6th 05 01:34 AM