Sugino Cranks

Old August 16th 05, 05:10 PM
Kerry

Default Sugino Cranks

I have always been impressed with Sugino Cranks. Now that I am in the
market for a new crankset, I saw some very nice looking doubles on Suginos
web page. They have two models - Alpina and Qualete. Problem is, I can't
find any on-line retailer (US) that sells the crank whole. I see plenty of
references to left or right cranks (w/o rings), but no complete crankset.

I did notice that Sugino did make some cranksets for Cannondale that are
listed on Nashbar's website.

What gives?

Kerry

Old August 16th 05, 06:02 PM
bfd

Check out Jitensha Studios in Berkeley, CA, they sell both the Sugino
XD double and the Cospea/Alpina:

http://www.jitensha.com/eng/miscparts_e.html

Old August 17th 05, 04:16 PM

ask harris cyclery in newton mass-on wednesday morning

Old August 17th 05, 09:49 PM

bike mag-BM-did a sidebar on steel sugino cranks-a triple for $100
i have steel SR's from '83? so i followed this up and found-this was
3-4 years ago-
is a heavy tool importer, the cycle parts people are out of Italy.
the connection BM made to the US market is unknown
if you stagger onto something let us know.