For Mr Chisholm

Old January 17th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default For Mr Chisholm

While the site is in French, many of the articles are in English.
Translating the title, it's "Handbuilt wheels".

I hope you may find something interesting there.
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

Old January 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Sandy wrote:
While the site is in French, many of the articles are in English.
Translating the title, it's "Handbuilt wheels".

I hope you may find something interesting there.

What site?

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
Old January 17th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Dans le message de ,
dvt a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
Sandy wrote:
While the site is in French, many of the articles are in English.
Translating the title, it's "Handbuilt wheels".

I hope you may find something interesting there.

What site?

No kidding I forgot !!

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/

_That_ site (oops !)
--
Les faits relatés ici ne sont que pure fiction, et ne sauraient être
utilisés ou rapprochés d'une situation réelle existant ou ayant

Old January 17th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/so...chisholm.shtml

Old January 17th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Sandy" writes:

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/

The rolling resistance measurements are interesting. The top 6
clinchers had a lower Crr than the best tubular. Of course that says
nothing as to whether the differences would be significant when riding
a bike versus measuring them on the machine.
Old January 18th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/so...chisholm.shtml

Now we know why Peter Chisholm uses a tensiometer instead of listening
to the pitch of plucked spokes!

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old January 18th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Tim McNamara" wrote in message
"Sandy" writes:

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/

The rolling resistance measurements are interesting. The top 6
clinchers had a lower Crr than the best tubular. Of course that says
nothing as to whether the differences would be significant when riding
a bike versus measuring them on the machine.

So you are saying that this sort of measurements are useless in practice?
Rolling resistance is no parameter for you choosing a tire? I rode tires
that came out best and worse in this sort of test and I could feel the
difference, so for me these tests are valid.

Lou

Old January 18th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Sandy wrote:
While the site is in French, many of the articles are in English.
Translating the title, it's "Handbuilt wheels".

I hope you may find something interesting there.

What site?

No kidding I forgot !!

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/

Grazie and call me Peter.

Old January 18th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Sandy" writes:

http://www.rouesartisanales.com/

The rolling resistance measurements are interesting. The top 6
clinchers had a lower Crr than the best tubular. Of course that says
nothing as to whether the differences would be significant when riding
a bike versus measuring them on the machine.

So you are saying that this sort of measurements are useless in practice?
Rolling resistance is no parameter for you choosing a tire? I rode tires
that came out best and worse in this sort of test and I could feel the
difference, so for me these tests are valid.

Lou

I think and I agree, that the differences are teeny tiny in the bicycle
and rider 'eqaution'. Ya may want to buy a tire for RR numbers but as
for them being 'significant numbers', well, they are not.

Drag differences on wheels and things, found in a wind tunnel, are also
in the 'noise' catagory. When you put that round legged thing called a
rider onto a bicycle, most numbers mean little to nada.