Question for Sheldon-shimano cranks

Old January 22nd 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Question for Sheldon-shimano cranks

I know I could do some sort of internet search or something but it's
easier just to ask..

Sheldon, or whoever, when did shimano road cranks go to the 130mm bolt
circle?

Thanks in advance.

Old January 22nd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
I know I could do some sort of internet search or something but it's
easier just to ask..

Sheldon, or whoever, when did shimano road cranks go to the 130mm bolt
circle?

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, it goes back to the early '70s, but I can't be anymore exact than
that. I believe Shimano "invented" the 130mm BCD, which was later
adopted by SR, Sugino, etc.

Old January 22nd 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know I could do some sort of internet search or something but it's
easier just to ask..

Sheldon, or whoever, when did shimano road cranks go to the 130mm bolt
circle?

Thanks in advance.

Shimano has used 130mm BCDon their racing cranksets since early 1970s. 130mm
allso adopted by Sakae,Stronglight, Sugino, Sun Tour and Takagi

PK

Old January 22nd 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
I know I could do some sort of internet search or something but it's
easier just to ask..

Sheldon, or whoever, when did shimano road cranks go to the 130mm bolt
circle?

Thanks in advance.

in my 74 catalogue road is 130, track 144

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl
Old January 22nd 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

P K wrote:

Shimano has used 130mm BCDon their racing cranksets since early 1970s. 130mm
allso adopted by Sakae,Stronglight, Sugino, Sun Tour and Takagi

And TA, who also use it for track - although the TA Alize track chainset
seems to be the same forging as the road double these days - the pretty
4-arm version has gone out of production.
Old January 22nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

M-gineering wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
I know I could do some sort of internet search or something but it's
easier just to ask..

Sheldon, or whoever, when did shimano road cranks go to the 130mm bolt
circle?

Thanks in advance.

in my 74 catalogue road is 130, track 144

I think Marten's correct. AFAIK, Shimano road cranks *started out* with
the 130mm bolt pattern. I certainly never saw otherwise- but then, I
didn't start paying attention to bolt circles until the late '70's. I
guess I had a deprived childhood.

Jeff

Old January 23rd 06, 10:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

I know I could do some sort of internet search or something but it's
easier just to ask..

Sheldon, or whoever, when did shimano road cranks go to the 130mm bolt
circle?

Somewhere around 1972, IIRC

--
Andrew Muzi