Terry Mens Zero Saddle?

Old January 24th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Terry Mens Zero Saddle?

Has anybody tried this saddle?
I have been using Turbomatic 3 Gel for years but they are worn out.
I have a new Turbomatic 4 Gel but now I am constantly getting saddle
sores.
Considering the Terry Fly also, but worried that the padding is too
much.

Thanks - Joel

Old January 24th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Joel wrote:
Has anybody tried this saddle?
I have been using Turbomatic 3 Gel for years but they are worn out.
I have a new Turbomatic 4 Gel but now I am constantly getting saddle
sores.
Considering the Terry Fly also, but worried that the padding is too
much.

Thanks - Joel

I used one on my Nobilette for about 2 years and really liked it but
yer butt will determine if it's right for you. I use a SSM Rolls
now...since it's n a Merckx, couldn't use a Terry on that.

Old January 24th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:20:27 -0800, Joel wrote:

Considering the Terry Fly also, but worried that the padding is too
much.

I have found inner peace with the Terry Fly saddle. All my bikes have
them. Yes, they seem too soft, but the fart-slot makes up for that, and
the padding does not go to places that would hurt. That allows the saddle
to be softer than would otherwise work.

It's also a nice and narrow saddle -- which means it happens to fit my
pelvis. Whether it fits yours or not would require testing it out.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Become MicroSoft-free forever. Ask me how.
_`\(,_ |
(_)/ (_) |

Old January 24th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Joel wrote:
---snip---

Considering the Terry Fly also

---/snip---

I've been riding a Fly for a little over a year now, after my old Flite
finally succumbed to the damage that I inflicted while using it on my
MTB and I tossed its Flite Gel replacement (it was creating more
problems than it was solving - all those seams! and the Gel seemed to
harden). I absolutely love it, with one tiny caveat. If you're used
to riding a saddle with a kick up in the tail (see generally, flite),
you may be a bit disappointed with the flat profile of the Fly. It's
generally super comfy, but there's not much to brace against when
climbing.

YPMV
(Your posterior may vary.)

SYJ