saddles

Old July 26th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chief 231

Default saddles

I have been riding my touring bike about 15 miles a day. My current
saddle does not have a cut out and my parts start to go numb. I am
interested in the Terry Liberator Gel saddle. Does anyone have any
experience with it or suggestions for other saddles that may be better?

Old July 26th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
trino

I have been riding my touring bike about 15 miles a day. My current
saddle does not have a cut out and my parts start to go numb. I am
interested in the Terry Liberator Gel saddle. Does anyone have any
experience with it or suggestions for other saddles that may be better?

I do not know if it is better than a Terry but my ergonomic, cut out,
women's Bontrager for $35Cdn gets me through 25 mile rides no problem.
Positioning of the saddle has to be perfectly level.
Bicycle Sports Pacific Vancouver and Langley

Aside from a cutout I find the Selle Rolls Royce ($50)on my MTB to be
comfortable too. Worn in leather is really fine. More support.
Somebody had a saddle thread started couple weeks ago too if you need more.

Old July 26th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Drackman

"Chief 231" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been riding my touring bike about 15 miles a day. My current
saddle does not have a cut out and my parts start to go numb. I am
interested in the Terry Liberator Gel saddle. Does anyone have any
experience with it or suggestions for other saddles that may be better?

I switched to the Terry Fly model on all of my bikes after having some
numbness with great success.

Old July 27th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris Z The Wheelman

Every saddle is different for every person, sellection is as individual
as you are. First, try adjusting the saddle itself (maybe tilt the nose
down a hair?).

If adjustments don't work, then try different saddles. If you know of a
LBS that will let you try saddles and bring them back if you don't like
them, go for it.

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

To E-mail me:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Old July 27th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sojourner

Chief 231 wrote:
I have been riding my touring bike about 15 miles a day. My current
saddle does not have a cut out and my parts start to go numb. I am
interested in the Terry Liberator Gel saddle. Does anyone have any
experience with it or suggestions for other saddles that may be better?

Several options he

http://www.terrybicycles.com/product.html?c=Saddles

Terry USED to let you try and return if you didn't like it. Check with
them to see if this policy is still in place.

Luck!

Sojourner

Old July 27th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Sojourner

Terry USED to let you try and return if you didn't like it. Check with
them to see if this policy is still in place.

YES! They do still have this policy.

from the website:

THE WORLD'S MOST COMFORTABLE SADDLES handmade in Italy
Our Guarantee: Ride and love it or return it within 30 days for an
exchange or refund.

Luck!

Sojourner

Old July 27th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
H M Leary

In article ,
"Frank Drackman" wrote:

"Chief 231" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been riding my touring bike about 15 miles a day. My current
saddle does not have a cut out and my parts start to go numb. I am
interested in the Terry Liberator Gel saddle. Does anyone have any
experience with it or suggestions for other saddles that may be better?

I switched to the Terry Fly model on all of my bikes after having some
numbness with great success.

You had great success with numbnes???...
Old July 27th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
trino

of interest on this thread
Saddles and Bicycle Seats
http://bicycling.about.com/od/saddles/

Also, ask the guy that posted a link to where he got his saddle.
It was revolutionary type thing. Just had pads for sit bones no nose on it.
Several Italian saddles too. Easy Ride I think it was called.

But read about.com for clues for your ride.

Old July 27th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
trino

Bicycle Saddles
http://www.bikemania.biz/Bicycle_Saddles_s/55.htm

look under comfort maybe

Old July 27th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

H M Leary wrote:
In article ,
"Frank Drackman" wrote:

I switched to the Terry Fly model on all of my bikes after having
some numbness with great success.

You had great success with numbnes???...

Well, it /can/ contribute to staying power.

(I saw it, too, but resisted )