How late in the year can you ride Mt. Evans?

Old July 19th 04, 07:44 PM
Eric Lambi

Default How late in the year can you ride Mt. Evans?

I want to take a trip to CO sometime this fall and take a stab at Mt.
Evans. I am wondering how late in the season you can be assured
ridable weather? i.e., no snow storms, roads open, etc. I shouldn't
be deterred by cold or rain (within reasonable limits).

Thanks,

Eric Lambi
Old July 19th 04, 10:11 PM
Terry Morse

Eric Lambi wrote:

I want to take a trip to CO sometime this fall and take a stab at Mt.
Evans. I am wondering how late in the season you can be assured
ridable weather? i.e., no snow storms, roads open, etc.

This data might help:

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliGCStP.pl?comtev

It looks like September begins to get risky.

Old July 20th 04, 07:46 PM
Booker C. Bense