saddles

Old March 26th 05, 04:14 PM
markmoore

Default saddles

Which saddle would be most comfortable for a man? KH, miayata(sp?), w/
air conversion or not? Maybe a KH fussion with some of the foam cut out?

--
markmoore
markmoore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9552

Old March 26th 05, 04:19 PM
drewation

if your just looking for comfort go with air

--
drewation - team YAMS member

'SUNIC home page' (http://www.sunic.s5.com)
'SUNIC gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/sunic)
zack wrote:
*beware of the evan!*

I agree and also tyler
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Old March 26th 05, 05:04 PM
juggle508

The KH is great. I haven't tried any others.

--
juggle508 - Extreme UNIcyclist

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old March 26th 05, 05:14 PM
ProudYankee

I think you have to try different saddles and see what works best for
you. I find that the KH is comfortable as long as my butt is planted on
it, but when I sit down my nuts sometimes get crushed. I prefer the
Miyata air saddle.

--
ProudYankee
ProudYankee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8456

Old March 26th 05, 07:11 PM
brockfisher05

James_Potter wrote:
*the most comfortable seat you can buy is a KH saddle. but if you
REALLY want comfyness, buy a Miyata and convert it into an
airsaddle.

can you make an airsaddle with a KH seat? *

yeah the fusions are made for them

--
brockfisher05 - THE YAM FATHER

If life gives you lemons punch it in the face and ask for a pie

ADD ME AT:
brockfisher05's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8363

Old March 26th 05, 08:59 PM
revengeofthemole

brockfisher05 wrote:
*yeah the fusions are made for them *

i was considering doing this.......has anyone tried it? is it any less
bulky for holding seat out? is it worth the extra money to get the air
pillow?

thanx

--
revengeofthemole - arrrrr!!!

i am here
revengeofthemole's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8220

Old March 26th 05, 10:08 PM
munimanpete

revengeofthemole wrote:
*i was considering doing this.......has anyone tried it? is it any
less bulky for holding seat out? is it worth the extra money to get
the air pillow?
*

Talk to Joe Dyson...he converted his KH Fusion into and air saddle. It
worked out well, I've ridden it and it was really comfy, and definatley
less bulky.

--
munimanpete - the unicycling kiwi

WWW.MUNIMAN.2YA.COM

*www.unicycle.2ya.com*
munimanpete's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6311

Old March 27th 05, 10:06 PM
gerblefranklin

Mike Middleton has converted two KH (pre-fusion) saddles to airseats,
and they worked great, right up until he snapped the seatbases in half.
He then got a fusion seatcover to go with his KH cf base, and it's
working great.

I use an old scrap KH seatcover, lots of duct tape, some carved KH foam,
and a Miyata cf base for a saddle, and it's great. Not the prettiest
thing, but I don't care.

I don't use an airseat because mine always seem to pop. With that said,
I find the comfiest saddles for seat out are airseats that have gone
flat.

Either way, you should pad the side of the seatbase with some cut open
tubing of sorts, sincer otherwise it will cut into your fingers during
seat out.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

* I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
me) *

Old March 27th 05, 10:18 PM
drewation

well i think it also depends on what style hes doing. if hes doing muni
or trials then i would not recommend a air seat but if hes just riding
normaly without lifting of the seat then the comfiest has to be a air
seat

Split Saddles Bob Gir. General 11 June 29th 04 08:36 AM
Women's vs. men's saddles nopcbs General 44 May 27th 04 01:33 PM
Split Saddles Comparison psycholist Techniques 4 September 16th 03 01:09 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM