Hella HL 2000 front LED - any good? heatsinking?

Old August 16th 05, 04:27 PM

Default Hella HL 2000 front LED - any good? heatsinking?

I notice Halfords here in the UK are stocking the Hella HL 2000 LED
front lamp under the Bikehut brand, alone or with a charger and NiMHs
or bundled with a rear LED.

Anyone know much about this? It's quite neat, looks like it should have
good side visibility, says it's BS approved.

I cobbled together an LED headlamp from a luxeon 3, schottky bridge,
fraen lens and an old lamp housing to use in series with my existing
dynamo lamps and schmidt hub. Works well but not very elegant.
I was wondering if I could substitute the luxeon in the Hella (clearly
visible behind the lens) which is presumably a 1W for my 3-watter and
drive it similarly to get a neater lamp with better and more
bike-suited optics, but i'm wondering if the heatsinking is up to that.
Anyone opened one up?

cheers,

rob.

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Fractured front cog? meb Techniques 1 July 8th 04 01:16 AM
Fractured front cog? Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\) Techniques 3 July 5th 04 09:03 PM
Backwards front brake? Andrew Sweetman Techniques 3 March 23rd 04 01:07 AM
ICYCLES Inventory List ICYCLES Marketplace 0 July 26th 03 08:25 PM