SBS - terrible timing!

Old July 15th 05, 02:45 AM
Gemma_k

Default SBS - terrible timing!

I've been enjoying the coverage of the TDF very much. Althought I've been
disappointed that valuable 'staying up late' time has been taken up by
Gate's gastronomic treats (WTF?) last night they sank to a new low.
Was it just SA or the whole nation that missed the Stu O'Grady vs Thor H
finish line sprint for green sprint points, because SBS felt they had to cut
to a full set of ads while that bunch was finishing (including not one but
two Bollywood ads)???!!! It got me just as angry as when they missed the
intermediate sprint on the final stage a few years ago.....

I can't wait to see what happens when they do that on a hattrick ball during
the ashes.....

Old July 15th 05, 03:09 AM
alex

Last night's coverage was **** poor, haven't they figured out that
attacks can be good to watch too?

Old July 15th 05, 03:15 AM
alex

I mean Perth's coverage

Old July 15th 05, 03:18 AM
BrettS

Gemma_k wrote:

I've been enjoying the coverage of the TDF very much. Althought I've been
disappointed that valuable 'staying up late' time has been taken up by
Gate's gastronomic treats (WTF?) last night they sank to a new low.
Was it just SA or the whole nation that missed the Stu O'Grady vs Thor H
finish line sprint for green sprint points, because SBS felt they had to cut
to a full set of ads while that bunch was finishing (including not one but
two Bollywood ads)???!!! It got me just as angry as when they missed the
intermediate sprint on the final stage a few years ago.....

I can't wait to see what happens when they do that on a hattrick ball during
the ashes.....

No we missed it in Perth as well. "Here comes O'Grady and Hushovd under
the 1km flag and...tootleootleootleoot Ba ba baaaaaammmmmmmm SBS TdF
logo aaaaaaand cut to ad break"

Not that it affected me too much, I'd already finished my training ride.
I only race with the winner.... ;-)

At least they showed the last 50m in slow motion a bit later on.

--
BrettS
Old July 15th 05, 03:28 AM
alex

Maybe SBS3 digital should be set up for decent coverage

Old July 15th 05, 05:21 AM
Shabby

They did the exact same thing a couple of years ago on the lsat stage
missing an intermediate sprint which decided the green jersey. Woul
have thought the drunken abusive phone calls from myself and some othe
derelicts would have made them think twice this year. But no......

--
Shabby

Old July 15th 05, 06:30 AM
PiledHigher

Shabby Wrote:
They did the exact same thing a couple of years ago on the lsat stage
missing an intermediate sprint which decided the green jersey. Woul
have thought the drunken abusive phone calls from myself and some othe
derelicts would have made them think twice this year. But no.......

I kept hoping that the ad would finish just in time, no such luck!

It has been great having live coverage (even if I am starting to loo
visibly tired to others). One of the guys I worked with asked me if
was feeling alright this morning (was an 8am meeting, but still.)

Just seems that whatever we get we need them to step up to the plat
further (which they have in some aspects - no pre live stage discussio
for an hour with Hodgo and the soccer guy).

PiledHIghe

--
PiledHigher

Old July 15th 05, 06:43 AM
Theo Bekkers

Shabby wrote:
They did the exact same thing a couple of years ago on the lsat stage,
missing an intermediate sprint which decided the green jersey. Would
have thought the drunken abusive phone calls from myself and some
other derelicts would have made them think twice this year. But
no....... +

With Free-To-Air TV you get what you pay for.

Theo

Old July 15th 05, 07:35 AM
flyingdutch

PiledHigher Wrote:
I kept hoping that the ad would finish just in time, no such luck!

It has been great having live coverage (even if I am starting to loo
visibly tired to others). One of the guys I worked with asked me if
was feeling alright this morning (was an 8am meeting, but still.)

Just seems that whatever we get we need them to step up to the plat
further (which they have in some aspects - no pre live stage discussio
for an hour with Hodgo and the soccer guy).

PiledHIgher

I hear ya. quite a few people i have bumped into are starting t
realise the magnitude of our folly as there is still so far to g
zzzzzzzzzz

It would be cool to think that this becomes a regular every year fro
now on (the coverage, not the lack of sleep zzzzzzzzz) and they'l
learn alot from this year's effor

--
flyingdutch

Old July 15th 05, 07:57 AM
Gumby

With Free-To-Air TV you get what you pay for.

Theo

so using that logic, I should buy a peugeot with my mastercard?

I am NOT going to buy an Avanti,
NOT going to get a mastercard
NOT going to get excited by Bollywood
NOT going to buy a friggin Peugeot
etc

SBS sell the audience to the advertiser
this market segment aint buying ****-for-brains chimpanzees in the
control booth pressing the cart for ads AT THE WRONG TIME