Two more terrible cycling deaths today

Old September 24th 05, 10:07 AM
scotty72

Default Two more terrible cycling deaths today

There were two more terrible cycling deaths today.

One along the M4 near St. Marys, another not far from Canberra.

And how did the Sydney Moaning Herald report this?

Did they alert the public to the dangers of cyclist face? Did they urge
motorists to take care around cyclists?

No, all they did was seek to blame the dead cyclist for causing a
traffic
jam.

"Cycling accident causes M4 delays"

href="http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cycling-accident-causes-m4-delays/2005/0"
target=_blank_http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cycling-accident-causes-m4-delays/2005/0_9/24/1126982257674.html (\"http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cycling-accident-causes-m4-delays/2005/09/24/1126982257674.html\")

No wonder motorist treat us with contempt when that pathetic rag seems
think that a cycling fatality is no more serious than a "[traffic]
delay".

*******s

Scotty

PS. Channel Packer just reported the deceased cyclist as a senior (NSW)
policeman. Maybe the cops might start taking anti cycling road rage a
touch
more seriously now. May he rest in peace.

--
scotty72

Old September 24th 05, 10:37 AM
Ihatepoliticalcorrectness

Scotty...It's good to read the full article...

"One male cyclist was killed and another injured when they collided on
a motorway in Sydney's west today.

All westbound lanes of the M4 have been closed following the accident
about 8am today, a NSW police spokeswoman said.

Witnesses have told police two cyclists were travelling in the same
direction in the breakdown lane when they collided."

Seems to me that one cyclist caused the death of a fellow cyclist
(wonder if they knew each other or were related?).

What were they doing cycling in the breakdown lane? Were their
bicycles broken?

Old September 24th 05, 11:29 AM
cfsmtb

Ihatepoliticalcorrectness Wrote:

Seems to me that one cyclist caused the death of a fellow cyclist
(wonder if they knew each other or were related?).

What were they doing cycling in the breakdown lane? Were their
bicycles broken?

Crap immature trolling.

Ignore.

--
cfsmtb

Old September 24th 05, 11:30 AM
scotty72

scotty72 wrote:
[...]

I make it a policy not to argue with idiots (as you can't make an idiot
see that he is an idiot)

Obviously, I am unable to respond to you any further.

Scotty

--
scotty72

Old September 24th 05, 01:16 PM
David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

On 24 Sep 2005 02:37:46 -0700, Ihatepoliticalcorrectness
wrote:

[...]

Witnesses have told police two cyclists were travelling in the same
direction in the breakdown lane when they collided."

Seems to me that one cyclist caused the death of a fellow cyclist
(wonder if they knew each other or were related?).

What were they doing cycling in the breakdown lane?

The M4 brakedown lane is a cycle path. Infact its the only safe cycle
route between Penrith and Prospect. I train on it reguallly as well
as use it to commute to my perent's place on almost a weekly basis.

Unfortitly this accedent doesn't supprise me, though I expected that
an accedent would have occured near the wallgrove road turn off where
works have narrowed the bike path to a single bike width.

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.
Old September 24th 05, 01:18 PM
aeek

scotty72 Wrote:
There were two more terrible cycling deaths today.

One along the M4 near St. Marys, another not far from Canberra.

The one at Batehaven was a scooter, which is legally a toy?

--
aeek

Old September 24th 05, 01:30 PM
scotty72

aeek Wrote:
The one at Batehaven was a scooter, which is legally a toy?

ok, sorry - didn't realise that

but he is still equally dead

--
scotty72

Old September 24th 05, 08:54 PM
The Doctor

wrote in :

On 24 Sep 2005 02:37:46 -0700, Ihatepoliticalcorrectness
wrote:

[...]

Witnesses have told police two cyclists were travelling in the same
direction in the breakdown lane when they collided."

Seems to me that one cyclist caused the death of a fellow cyclist
(wonder if they knew each other or were related?).

What were they doing cycling in the breakdown lane?

The M4 brakedown lane is a cycle path. Infact its the only safe cycle
route between Penrith and Prospect. I train on it reguallly as well
as use it to commute to my perent's place on almost a weekly basis.

Unfortitly this accedent doesn't supprise me, though I expected that
an accedent would have occured near the wallgrove road turn off where
works have narrowed the bike path to a single bike width.

That's the thing about the authorities in NSW. They allow people to ride
on the breakdown lane on things like the M4 (does that pass through
Macquarie Uni on the way to the city?). and then they closed them off
the works. The same thing with part of the North South Freeway leading
to Sydney Harbour bridge. On the bike map you can ride on the breakdown
lane but just before the Freeway joins back on to the Pacific Highway
they closed off the breakdown for road works and the cyclists
are forced on to totally obscure suburban roads (at least for a
Queenslander who tried to ride on Sydney roads :-()

Old September 24th 05, 09:42 PM
scotty72

The Doctor Wrote:
"David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)"

That's the thing about the authorities in NSW. They allow people to
ride
on the breakdown lane on things like the M4 (does that pass through
Macquarie Uni on the way to the city?). and then they closed them off
the works. The same thing with part of the North South Freeway leading
to Sydney Harbour bridge. On the bike map you can ride on the breakdown
lane but just before the Freeway joins back on to the Pacific Highway
they closed off the breakdown for road works and the cyclists
are forced on to totally obscure suburban roads (at least for a
Queenslander who tried to ride on Sydney roads :-()

Na, that's the M2 (that passes Macquarie Uni) but, you're right. They
just expect that, as if by magic, cyclists will simply teleport
themselves around these road works.

Scotty

--
scotty72

Old September 25th 05, 12:46 AM
Terry Collins

scotty72 wrote:

Na, that's the M2 (that passes Macquarie Uni) but, you're right. They
just expect that, as if by magic, cyclists will simply teleport
themselves around these road works.

I was surprised to find that the roadworks on the M5 for Brooks road
have put in a new pathway for their bicycle diversion.

Heading south from the crossroads, they want you to take Campbelltown
road, which I thought was a major bummer because I couldn't see how you
got back onto freeway.

I'm not sure what is marked as I haven't ridden their diversion, but you
can get back onto the M5/Hume Highway from Williams Road by a little
path they have put in beside a creek. Interesting.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...982257674.html