Unredeemable

Old December 8th 08, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Default Unredeemable

I decided to give this group a rest a few months back because of all the
troll wrestling going on. So I pop back to lurk and see if its worth
re-engaging and what do I find? All the usual suspects still dancing
around the troll and hollering with their sharp sticks. Do you guys
never learn?

From: Dave Larrington
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling

In ,
judith smith tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:

From: Tom Crispin
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 23:25:42 +0000, judith smith
wrote:

Guy meanwhile meanwhile appears to have given up direct prodding but
leaps in just as enthusiastically following someone elses prod.

Stop playing her game guys.

--
Tony

"To stumble twice against the same stone is a proverbial disgrace."
Cicero
Old December 8th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brendan Halpin

On Mon, Dec 08 2008, Tony Raven wrote:

Stop playing her game guys.

Words of wisdom.

Brendan Halpin, Department of Sociology, University of Limerick, Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-338562; Room F2-025 x 3147
http://www.ul.ie/sociology/brendan.halpin.html
Old December 8th 08, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rudi[_2_]

On 8 Dec, 11:45, Brendan Halpin wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08 2008, Tony Raven wrote:
Stop playing her game guys.

Words of wisdom.

Indeed. Please stop replying to *any* of the motoring trolls.

Regards,
Rudi
Old December 8th 08, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
AndyC

"Brendan Halpin" wrote in message
On Mon, Dec 08 2008, Tony Raven wrote:

Stop playing her game guys.

Words of wisdom.

Having KF'd the leading suspect and only ever bothering to read new threads
before they degenerate, I have found that the volume of traffic is not a
problem.

Old December 8th 08, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"AndyC" wrote in message

"Brendan Halpin" wrote in message
On Mon, Dec 08 2008, Tony Raven wrote:

Stop playing her game guys.

Words of wisdom.

Having KF'd the leading suspect and only ever bothering to read new
threads before they degenerate, I have found that the volume of traffic is
not a problem.

Seconded. The KF has been working very well.

Old December 8th 08, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Dec 8, 8:31*pm, Tony Raven wrote:
I decided to give this group a rest a few months back because of all the
troll wrestling going on. *So I pop back to lurk and see if its worth
re-engaging and what do I find? *All the usual suspects still dancing
around the troll and hollering with their sharp sticks. *Do you guys
never learn?

Funny, I was finding it rather quiet. And that's even with my using GG
with a barely-functional killfile system. Admittedly there is room for
improvement, especially in some quarters. But it would be a boring
world if I agreed with everyone on usenet.

James
Old December 8th 08, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:31:43 -0000
Tony Raven wrote:

I decided to give this group a rest a few months back because of all
the troll wrestling going on.

Killfiles are your fwend.

Even those left a mess for a while, as Guy's stalker had
a nasty bout of diarrhoea. But that at least seems to have
calmed down, so all you have to do is to kill subthreads
based on the obvious criteria.

--
not me guv
Old December 8th 08, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Dec 8, 9:37*pm, Tony Raven wrote:

Seventy eight judith posts yesterday, although how many of those were
forged I'm not going to waste the time counting, out of 163 posts total. *
Plus several replies from regulars who should know better responding to
them.

And that will continue as long as some regulars keep brandishing their
pointy sticks. *KFs just cover up the problem they are creating by their
dancing to her tunes.

Actually one might reasonably say that KFs *cure* the problem. Not
that I'm defending the troll-pokers: indeed I would prefer it if they
didn't do it. But it doesn't actually cause me much problems - the
main loss as I see it is the accompanying reduction in interesting
posts. Which is as much my responsibility as anyone else's to fix.
Unfortunately my cycling life has been a bit boring recently, although
I did enjoy a day out around Exeter recently.

James