This cycle racing on the road is super safe, isn't it?

Old May 16th 11, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default This cycle racing on the road is super safe, isn't it?

Squashme wrote:
On May 16, 9:48 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On May 16, 8:36 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
The locals spread nails in the road, and later on two cyclists are
seriously injured after crashing. It is time to stop this carnage
on the roads, nothing is gained from it and much is lost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-13408414

On the contrary - there is now a second closed road cycle ride in
the UK.
The events are spreading - 3500 riders will sign up for this.

http://www.etape-cymru.co.uk/

I wonder if they will get any leeks?

Are you any relation of the Mrcheerful who is against law-breaking?

Who mentioned law breaking?

Old May 16th 11, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Simon Mason wrote:
On May 16, 8:36 am, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
The locals spread nails in the road, and later on two cyclists are
seriously injured after crashing. It is time to stop this carnage
on the roads, nothing is gained from it and much is lost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-13408414

On the contrary - there is now a second closed road cycle ride in
the UK.
The events are spreading - 3500 riders will sign up for this.

http://www.etape-cymru.co.uk/

I wonder if they will get any leeks?

Are you any relation of the Mrcheerful who is against law-breaking?

Who mentioned law breaking?- Hide quoted text -

You omitting the fact that some knob illegally spread screws and other
detritus onto a public road with the intention of causing injuries
shows you up as the hypocrite that you are. You suggest that such
events should not be held, when the person who was the cause of the
injuries was solely to blame. Luckily for the rest of civilised
society, your views are those of a crank minority who hates anyone
enjoying the outdoors on two wheels. As I have shown, such events are
becoming more and more popular that more roads are now being closed to
motor traffic to hold them on.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 16th 11, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

I did mention that someone had spread nails in the road, it is the first bit
of my original post. I do not think that anyone has said there is any
correlation between the nails in the road (which I believe gave just one non
competitor a puncture) and the much later and further away crash between
three cyclists.

I did not say that I support putting nails in the road, I am absolutely
against it.

The locals (some at least) don't want the cycle racing, and the cyclists are
not good enough to ride safely. Which are some of the reasons that road
racing on cycles is not a good idea.

Old May 16th 11, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Front Mech

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

First, it is not a race but a cycle challenge: tha average speed can
be as low as 13 mph.
Second, two riders in hospital is hardly carnage.
Third, there are far more car drivers who cannot drive safely than
cyclists who cannot cycle safely: arethey som of the reasons why
driving in cars is not a good idea?
Old May 16th 11, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"

The locals (some at least) don't want the cycle racing, and the cyclists are
not good enough to ride safely. *Which are some of the reasons that road
racing on cycles is not a good idea.

Mrcheerful - Just a backtracking pusillanimous creep.
Old May 16th 11, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 16, 12:02*pm, Squashme wrote:

Mrcheerful - Just a backtracking pusillanimous creep.- Hide quoted text -

Ah - that's the nicest thing anyone has said about Cheerless all week.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 16th 11, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Backtracking? How so?

Old May 16th 11, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Backtracking? *How so?

Don't pretend.

"I wonder if they will get any leeks?"

"I did not say that I support putting nails in the road, I am
absolutely
against it."

Yeaahhh, right.
Old May 16th 11, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Perhaps you ought to look up what the word 'leeks' means, and notice the
fact that the road race is to be held in Wales. This is called a play on
words, I realise it may be a bit subtle for a cyclist, but I cannot please
everyone all the time.

Old May 16th 11, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

And so?

Jeez, for a motorist, you are so pedestrian.