Folding bikes - response to Kevin

Old March 26th 05, 09:16 PM
Tom Spence

Default Folding bikes - response to Kevin

Hi, Kevin,

Thanks for the interest. My wife and I are both looking at the Dahons
because of their ease of carrying in the trunk of a car and perhaps
transporting by air.

She wants something soft and easy to ride and shift, so the XL looks like a
good fit. The main question there is the comparison of the hub shifter (of
which I am not familiar) with the more usual derailleur.

I am looking at the SL primarily for its light weight and bit more sporty
character. We both will be riding the bikes within city streets and paths,
mostly level and smoothly paved. Imagine the many paths of Holland. No
interest in mountain biking, hill climbing or excessive speed. My
full-scale bike is a 21-speed Trek 7600.

It may be the P8 is a good compromise for us both.

I've seen the forums at www.dehon.com and elsewhere. No one stocks the
Helios models here in Portland, OR, so no chance for touchy/feely. We live
close enough to Bike Friday for a visit but can't justify the difference in
cost. Ergo, my question to the net.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or experiences you may be able to share.

Tom Spence

PS. I tried to send this via reply but got bounced.

Important Omission on Folding Bikes Elisa Francesca Roselli General 49 May 25th 05 12:57 PM
Truss instead of tube in bicycle frame? Rado bladteth Rzeznicki Techniques 55 November 7th 04 07:37 AM
Bikes in Parades? Jeff Potter General 3 October 11th 04 12:21 AM
Bikes on Trains - was Cycle Tracks ad nauseum [Not Responding] UK 40 December 2nd 03 10:05 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM