Do you recognize this bike shop?

Old November 19th 04, 12:08 PM
R.White

Ronsonic wrote in message . ..
On 18 Nov 2004 16:19:31 -0800, (R.White) wrote:

Werehatrack wrote in message . ..
On 12 Nov 2004 16:51:59 -0800,
(R.White) wrote:

(Dave Wilson) wrote in message . com...
There's a bunch of listings on eBay right now that have all the
hallmarks of a scam. No feedback, lots of identical listings, stock
photos, no PayPal or credit card, bad English, etc. Hmm, I just
checked the link I was going to paste in, and the auction has
disappeared from eBay.

Anyway, I emailed them asking if they had any pictures of the bike,
and I got back a stock reply that just screamed "scam". But the reply
included a link to their website.

http://www.akron-bike.com/

The scammer reposted all 109 of the listings about two hours ago. As
before, they've been reported. This time, the hijacked eBay ID only
had a feedback of 17. There was no direct link to the website in the
listings, and the perp is now using a Yahoo address as the contact,
both in the eBay listings and on the website. ISTR that this is a
violation of Yahoo policy, so Yahoo has been alerted as well.

Back again! Reported again! Round and round it goes...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27948&item=4338342 975&rd=1

This time with a bunch of positive feedback for selling bathrobes, underwear and
flower seeds.

What a bunch of thieves.

Oops, they're gone... and back again this morning with akron-bike1251.
Why does EBay not do something?
Old November 19th 04, 09:08 PM
Pizza Man

What a bunch of thieves.

Ron

Go to the web site and click on the "About Us" link.

http://www.akron-bike.com/

Give the pic a careful look. The "Akron Bike" sign is clearly a cut
and paste job. It looks a bit like a button you might see on some web
sites to select a link. The shadow below the sign is bogus as well.

Then check out the "515" address sign. C'mon, they cut into the
shingles like that with at real sign? It is just a black rectangular
shape cut-n-pasted, with a few numbers punched in from their keyboard.
If these guys were any good they would have placed the box vertically
next to the front door. It would be on a flat surface and look real
enough for scamming work.

These guys just aren't very good. There are plenty of "Photo-Shopped"
internet humor pics floating around that are far and away superior to
this hack job. I wonder what real bike store had its picture pinched
for this scam?

Amateur Scumbags!

Tracy
Old November 20th 04, 12:00 PM
R.White

(Pizza Man) wrote in message . com...
What a bunch of thieves.

Ron

Go to the web site and click on the "About Us" link.

http://www.akron-bike.com/

Give the pic a careful look. The "Akron Bike" sign is clearly a cut
and paste job. It looks a bit like a button you might see on some web
sites to select a link. The shadow below the sign is bogus as well.

You're a bit late. I've already posted the link to the actual
storefront picture they used. See it he

http://www.thebikeroute.com/Fort%20Myers/ft.myers%20store.jpg

And an interior shot they stole is he

http://www.triathletesworld.com.au/2f11.jpg
Old November 20th 04, 03:55 PM
Mike

(Pizza Man) wrote in message . com...
What a bunch of thieves.

Ron

Go to the web site and click on the "About Us" link.

http://www.akron-bike.com/

I emailed them at this address, asking if they had in stock a "Trek
Psoriasis, 68cm, with titanium saddle bearings," that I "haven't been
able to find anywhere else." Here's the reply:

Hello,

Yes we have it in stock in 68cm size.

We are overstock in 2004 bike models and because the 2005 models
appeard, we took the decision to sell these bikes more cheaper. There
is stock limit.

The bike is in perfect condition, new, no problems or scratches on
it.It will come in original box with all the papers, manuals and
manufacture warranty documents.

The buy it now price for the bike is US$1,500.00. In this price the
shipment costs are included too. You don't have to bid on the auction.
We will end the auction early after payment is received and in maximum
24 hours, shipment will start and we will provide you the tracking
number of shipment.

We will ship the bike using FedEx and in 5 work days the bike will be
at your door.We will support shipment insurance. The bike will be
packed professionally at our store.We will ship the bike with the
option AS A GIFT and you will not pay any extra taxes.

After some complaints regarding Paypal (please visit
www.paypalsucks.com) we will not accept this method anymore.

We had many problems in past with stolen identity using credit card
payment and we took the decision not to use direct credit card
payment.

We have 2 ways for payment: one via bank wire and is available for US
and international customers and the other one is via cash transfer.
Bank wire can take few days the money to be confirmed in our bank
account and that's why he have the seccond payment option which is
easy and fast. It will take only few minutes the payment to be
confirmed to us after you will send.

Please choose one payment method and we will give you instructions.

After payment is confirmed in our bank account, it will take maximum
24 hours your order to be processed and shipment to be started. We
will give you also the tracking number for shipment to track your
bike.
*
We will give you 3 days of inspection of the bike. In case that you
will not be satisfied with it, you will return the bike to us and we
will fully return your money back. We will support all the costs.
*
Waiting your email,

Akron Bike Shop
address: 515 E St., San Diego, CA 92101
phone: 866-376-2573
website: www.akron-bike.com
Old November 20th 04, 05:08 PM
Fred Hall

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
(Pizza Man) wrote in message

[...]

You should send all this to ebay and let them track it...maybe they can
follow the "866" number back to the leader of the scam.

Old November 26th 04, 06:02 AM
meb

Mike Wrote:
(Pizza Man) wrote in message
[...]

They've wised up and changed their name from akron-bikexxxx to:
secom-cycle1231
Here's one of their auctions.

The three previous feedbacks on this account were for clothing or
appliances under the id: booandkerry in Australia, name changed today.
They are now alleging the item is located in UK.
Now longer seems to show a bike store front, but the inside pics are
the same at secom-cycle.com as akron-bike had.

The Akron-bike.com website is gone,

--
meb

Old November 26th 04, 06:05 AM
meb

I also notice the bidder id's are now kept private so no one can notify
a misfortunate bidder of what is going on.

--
meb

Old November 26th 04, 06:42 AM
meb

meb Wrote:
I also notice the bidder id's are now kept private so no one can notify
a misfortunate bidder of what is going on.

He also has secom-cycle1233 which is in Norway former id: ebbe71,
innactive for a while.

--
meb