Drivers with 12 or more points still on the road

Old March 16th 12, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason

Default Drivers with 12 or more points still on the road

On Mar 13, 8:11 am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 13, 6:05 am, Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:34:30 +0000, Ian Jackson

wrote:
In message , Bertie Wooster
writes

I now take it that you are not this Ian Jackson:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ijackson/

Probably not.

Who is the absolute supremo of selfish and dangerous cycling?

Dunno. However, Simon seems to be making a concerted bid for that
position.

There was never any liklihood that Simon would undertake that car
before the junction. He'd already slowed down.

Exactly right.
I have seen so many cars turn left and right without indicating that I
have come to expect it as the default manoeuver these days and I
always make allowances for it - I was never in any danger as I knew
what he was going to do.

I have a good clip from this morning where a driver nearly hit me as
he went the wrong way around a mini roundabout. I will post it to all
three groups at around 1630 when I get home. I have already edited it
here at work.

It seems to have attracted a lot of interest already.
Those glasses have been a good investment.

--
Simon Mason

Old March 16th 12, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Mr. Benn[_9_]

Default Cyclists with 12 or more pints still on the road

On 16/03/2012 10:08, Mr Benn wrote:

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message
On 08/03/2012 09:15, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 03/03/2012 08:48, Bertie Wooster wrote:
ALL ROAD USERS BEWARE!

Especially those in Hull.

Simon is a martyr to the cause, He has a death wish which he will no
doubt experience in the near future, me I have no sympathy for his type
of cycling, he will get what is coming to him at some point, just like
the cyclist who ran down and killed my brother.

A cyclist killed your brother? How did that happen?

He was walking down a country lane, hit by a cyclist, fell over and hit
his head against a wall, life support turned of 4 weeks later, he was 60.

Very sorry to hear that. Was the cyclist held liable?

The cyclist got away scot free.

Incredible. The cyclist was going too fast to stop in time from the sound
of it. No excuse at all.

Old March 17th 12, 05:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
[...]

Simon Mason- Hide quoted text -

Tell them I sent you :-)

I could do with a spare pair.

http://www.zetronix.com/8GB-High-Res...ptmpf9aicv0 0

--
Simon Mason
Old April 30th 12, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Mark Williams

Phil W Lee writes:

Given pretty well every cyclist commits traffic offences many
times a day,

Incorrect.

Assertion /= fact.

I'm obviously just speaking for the ones I see. Those that don't go
through red traffic lights or ride on the pavement etc are so rare
they can safely be ignored, percentage wise.

Still incorrect.

Assertion != fact.

To be fair, it might just be that he doesn't `see' the ones not
committing offences.

--
Mark