Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 2006 - OUI'06

Old May 15th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 2006 - OUI'06

This years OUI'06 will be held *4 June 06* at Nanaimo Park (the site of
OUI'04) Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, starting at 1 pm. Please be there to
register by 12:30. There will be no advanced registration - just at the
site. For a map check out the OUI'04 site at
http://carlroth.net/oui04/

We could not secure a suitable indoor facility so the event will be
held outside and be subject to weather - if it rains it will be
cancelled. As a result, the event will be scaled down with no new
obstacle building, no trophies and no t-shirts. There will be prizes
and a BBQ pool party that will be held only a couple of blocks from the
event location.

If there is an entry fee it will small.

Basically it will be an informal trials event with a nice party
afterwards.

A web site may or may not be created. Check http://carlroth.net/ for
more info.

Please send any questions to me at .

If we can secure an adequate indoor facility for 2007 we will be back
on track with a big OUI'07 . If you have any ideas for an indoor
facility in the Ottawa area be sure to give me a call.

Cheers,

Carl
C. Roth
Director OUI'06

(613) 293-5856

--
carl.roth
carl.roth's Profile:

Old May 16th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Awesome thanks for the info Carl, I can't wait to compete. Do you know
if there are going to be different difficulty levels?

I don't mind paying to compete if it makes a difference on the level of
competition to be held.

--
ntappin

Old May 16th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Uhg! I wish i could go but all of my money is tied up in my trip to
Niagra Falls for the filming party with Brian. If only it were a little
later in the year. Oh well. I hope to see some great vids of you guys!
have fun.

-Phil

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 16th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

trials_uni wrote:
Uhg! I wish i could go but all of my money is tied up in my trip to
Niagra Falls for the filming party with Brian.
-Phil

mine too

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv) | 'Inner Balance
Blog' (http://innerbalancemovie.blogspot.com)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old May 16th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Oh well Brian...we'll have lotza fun...we have Owen! And we have me...im
all fun. lol.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

Old May 16th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thanks alot for the info.
I'm excited

See yall there!

--
dye3

I insist you add me

I need cranks...help me out
dye3's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12012

Old May 16th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Awesome stuff. Count me in!

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Old May 20th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Sweet it's almost time for OUI! This is going to be my first
out-of-Toronto event that I'm going to try and compete in. Of course
I'm desperately out of practice. Eep! I have like... 2 weeks!

--
lilfunky1

"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream!"
~Bart Simpson

~lilfunky1
lilfunky1's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7361

Old May 23rd 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Maybe I can make it... I'll see

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old May 23rd 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

ntappin wrote:
Awesome thanks for the info Carl, I can't wait to compete. Do you know
if there are going to be different difficulty levels?

I don't mind paying to compete if it makes a difference on the level of
competition to be held.

The event will have lines from beginner to expert. All lines 1 pt. -
the most points wins. I am not expecting a large turnout as if it rains
it will be cancelled. It will be more of a fun event. Next year if we
can get a site similar to OUI'05 we will have a really serious comp.

Carl