MUni size

Old March 15th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Default MUni size

SkierAlex wrote:
Thanks, I think I'll buy a cheap 29" off rode tyre and some 170mm cranks
for my cheap road unicycle. Then I'll pretty much have a muni for only
$300 NZ. I'm gonna be pretty easy on it, no drops or anything, cause
I'm sure the hub isn't too strong.

What 29" unicycle are you looking at?

By the way based on what you said you wanted to do, you are making the
right choice going for the 29er.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 15th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
strictlyone

phlegm wrote:
Which trails are you planning to ride in the South Bay? (I assume you
mean the San Jose area.) In my experience, most of the trails in the
Bay Area are much more fun on a 29er. I've ridden my KH29 many times
on the steep downhills near UCSC, and it works great as long as I don't
do any drops bigger than 18". The tire size you choose has more to do
with how big of drops you intend to ride than the types of trails,
e.g., singletrack, uphill, downhill, etc.

If you prefer to focus on rolling and covering distance, then
definitely go with the 29er. If you'd rather stop and jump off of
every possible drop, get the 24.

actually im further south than san jose im in Hollister, im planning to
ride in santa cruz and gilroy (henry coe park) mostly i dont really
know of any other places.

--
strictlyone
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 15th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vanpaun

just remeber pick your size and stick with it! those muni enlargement
pills DON'T work

--
vanpaun

some kid i know wrote:
your going to jump off that on a uni?! wont that rip your genitals off?

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 15th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Maybe 170 mm cranks aren't such a great idea on a square hub 29. 150's
should be fine, and put less snap off twist on your hub.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 15th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
strictlyone

feel the light wrote:
Maybe 170 mm cranks aren't such a great idea on a square hub 29. 150's
should be fine, and put less snap off twist on your hub.

that is why man invented ISIS

--
strictlyone
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 16th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SkierAlex

siafirede wrote:
What 29" unicycle are you looking at?

By the way based on what you said you wanted to do, you are making the
right choice going for the 29er.

Um... 'this' (http://www.unicycleshop.co.nz/28.html)

I'll buy 170mm cranks (it has 125mm ATM) for $40 and an off road tyre
for $50.

But seriously, I'm gonna be super easy on it, I'll just be riding easy
tracks. It's just for cruising off road really. I do live by the hills
though so I think I'll get a decent 24" ISIS muni for serious muni when
I have enough money.

--
SkierAlex
http://www.usenet.com

Help with MUni wheel size duckaxe Unicycling 9 October 3rd 07 08:39 PM
Crank size on a muni. pdc Unicycling 0 June 27th 07 01:33 PM
MUni Wheel Size Uberhacker Unicycling 12 May 31st 07 06:56 AM
Muni size unign Unicycling 4 July 19th 05 07:27 AM
muni size CRAZY legs Unicycling 2 January 17th 05 12:00 AM