Bird and beer ride

Old November 26th 20, 07:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

Default Bird and beer ride

So today in the flatlands it was 43 degrees out and not much wind. Cloudy for sure and have not seen the sun in seems like a week. Frankly though with no wind it was a great Tbird day to ride. No traffic and did not even see another cyclist and I even went on a cycling trail that follows Route 66 for about 7 miles. Could be I start at 6:20 am.

In any case peeled off 60 miles in 3:31 minutes no stops. Not sure the power but according to the body it is a bird and beer. The bird is in the oven, Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale on tap. Some mash potatoes and carrots with maybe some ice cream. My goal is to sometime cycle around the Sierra Nevada Brewery area and go in for some on tap. Has anyone in the group cycled by the brewery?

On the technical side the new headset is staying perfect no adjustment needed Andrew was spot on. The new Conti GP 5000's a great, these are the 23mm the other bike as 25's. Not a lot of different but will now officially go to 25mm in future.

On the political front it appears all bets are off and things are not going well. I see the SCOTUS block the attempt to close churches in New York, great job by Amy Coney Barrett. If you can buy beer and get you bike fixed you should be able to bow to the Lord.

Happy Thanksgiving
Deacon Mark
Old November 26th 20, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Op donderdag 26 november 2020 om 20:00:39 UTC+1 schreef :
[...]

Here were only allowed to ride with no more than 4 people in the outside. When entering a public place one has to wear a mask. In the churches however there are no limitations, only recommendations, but there are churches allowing 600 people in, without masks and singing along. When asked the people say God will protect them. ??? I don't understand.

Lou
Old November 26th 20, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 11:00:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
[...]

A political statement by the conservative wing with no effect since the NY order was no longer in effect, which was Roberts' point. Barrett didn't write a concurrence, content with the result but perhaps concerned that the court was reaching out to make a statement.

Science should apply equally to all businesses, and the church business should not be singled-out for either more or less favorable treatment.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old November 26th 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/26/2020 1:44 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

+1

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 26th 20, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_6_]

:
[...]

Relax, it kills god botherers and their families. What's not to like?

Old November 26th 20, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 2:35:28 p.m. UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

That reminds me of the joke about a man in a flood waiting for God to save him There arfe a few variations of that joke and here's one of them.

"A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?""

Cheers
Old November 26th 20, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 2:16:57 PM UTC-6, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

God fully embraces science after all he is responsible for science. Stupidity and failing to use the God given brains is not the way to go. An no, this deacon does not handle poisonous snakes despite what the scriptures have to say. Too many reading into the bible what it is not.
Deacon Mark
Old November 26th 20, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 11/26/2020 2:44 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Science should apply equally to all businesses, and the church business should not be singled-out for either more or less favorable treatment.

I guess we could discuss the meaning of "should" and the meaning of
"business." But as with guns, there's a relevant constitutional
amendment, plus all the court decisions since. It's all rather complicated.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 26th 20, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Op donderdag 26 november 2020 om 23:01:41 UTC+1 schreef Frank Krygowski:
On 11/26/2020 2:44 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Science should apply equally to all businesses, and the church business should not be singled-out for either more or less favorable treatment.

I guess we could discuss the meaning of "should" and the meaning of
"business." But as with guns, there's a relevant constitutional
amendment, plus all the court decisions since. It's all rather complicated.

--
- Frank Krygowski

It should not be complicated.

Lou
Old November 26th 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 8:01:43 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Straw man analogy by Jay. Churches -- well, Christian churches at least -- are in the same "business" as the Donkey Party protestors, organising "mostly peaceful marches", except the church version is so perfected that their marches are wholly peaceful, without any need for qualifiers or scare quotation marks. In any event, churches have constitutional protection, same as journalists, same as other institutions of the citizenry.

Andre Jute
If the faithful of God may not meet peacefully, while the faithful of Marx are officially enabled in huge violent crowds, who will the enemies of society come for next?

Amsterdam lets "beer bike" ride on, with limits Garrison Hilliard Rides 0 September 1st 09 02:22 AM
Another reason for a post-ride beer Corvus Corvax Mountain Biking 6 December 19th 06 10:07 PM
[OT] Bird flu Zog The Undeniable UK 20 February 22nd 06 03:23 PM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard General 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM
Early-bird bike ride helps Sierra Club ("Morning Glory" ride) Garrison Hilliard Rides 5 July 8th 05 05:44 PM