the bearing casing?

Old February 24th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default the bearing casing?

okay so I just got my new uni..and I put it together and I was riding
and everything was fine and dandy...then when I dismounted I spun the
wheel and I heard like the soudn when the bearing housing is to tight
or something...so I loosened it...and it is still making this
noise...should I just ride it till it leaves? or what should I do?
Thanks

--
unifiend454
unifiend454's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11486

Old February 24th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

well is it too tight or too loose?

I had that problem for a long time, and it turned out I didn't have it
tightened enough. But be careful, I've also broken bearings by
tightening it to much.

Take the bearing casing in you hand and oush it back and forth. Does it
wiggle? Push on the bolts/nuts too, if they wiggle a little bit tighten
it a little more.

--
forrestunifreak

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)
For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904

Old February 24th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

it is now a good tightness...but like even if I loosen it completely it
still makes the sound that they are to tight...what should I do?

Old February 24th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

the bearings might just be a little stuffed. either live with the noise
of replace them... if there is muck in them they could also make noise
(tho not too likely if they are new)

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

free rotating wheels? XWonka Unicycling 10 August 13th 06 03:45 AM
Nokon Cable Housings Biff Stephens Techniques 21 August 23rd 04 04:04 PM
Bearing cap torque underdog Unicycling 7 August 5th 04 07:42 PM
Bearing holders mgrant Unicycling 13 February 11th 04 03:53 AM