!The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

Old December 5th 06, 12:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

Default !The collective IdIoTS guide to unispins!

alot of the questions that i hear on this forum are about unispins.
everyone wants to do one and it seems that nobody knows how or nobody
can be bothered to tell said people.

!!Fear not, small children!!. information is here...

unispin 07 catalogue.
1. 180 unispin
2. 360 unispin
3. 540 unispin
4. 720 unispin
5. 900 unispin(anybody?)
6. 180/180 unispin AKA varial
7. Inward unispin(spin in opposite directions)
8. smallspin
9. 360/180 AKA bigspin
10. Full varial AKA whippersnapper AKA 360 varial
11. hickflip
12. treyflip
13. hickbackflips
14. inwardflips
15. varialflip
16. varial backflip
17. sex change flip
18. donkey hick
19. 1 footer 180 unispin
20. unispins landing on tyre.

If anyone(shaun...) has tips or a guide to any of these tricks start
posting. i will later but im tired now...time for beddie bies

--
gabetheunicycleman

unicycleman does not stand..... he sits on the air --unicycleman-
gabetheunicycleman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13054

Old December 5th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KlownLife

The guide for most of the unispin tricks are the same, but spin faster.
I too can't really be bothered writting a detailed description, but I
may do in the near future.

Jas

--
KlownLife

unifreak7 wrote:
It's believed we could all fly, move things with our minds, read minds,
tell the future, if we used 100%. To me believing in yourself not only
helps if your going really big. If there's no fear, (tech stuff), it
doesn't really matter, It's just what the body does.

-Shaun Johanneson

KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

Old December 5th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Well, lets start shall we?

(do not attempt when wearing no shin guards, shoes, and when you in
your room still awake at 5am.)

*Step one*:
Get your shin guards on, cause they will give you confidence, and
protect you from getting painful 8 inch gashes on your legs.
16555

*Step two*:
Get your uni.
16556

*Step Three*:
Mount your uni. Get into your jumping position, mines left foot
forward, right hand on saddle, then move to SIF.
16557 -- 16558

*Step Four*:
Find your hand position. What is comfortable to you, and make it the
easiest to rotate your uni with. I rotate my uni to the right, so my
right hand, is on the handle, holding more on the left side, and my
left hand is holding the back of the seat, on the right side.
1656216561

*Step Five*:
Jump off your pedals, either bringing your feet out to the side, or
straight up. Right as you do this, spin the uni 180 degrees. Land on
the ground, don't try to land it just yet. Just keep doing this to get
used to jumping off and spinning the uni.

You may also learn to do no-footers, just to get used to jumping off,
and landing back on the uni.

*Step Six*:
Now lets try and land this. You know how you hold your saddle, and how
to spin it, you have your gear on, your used to jumping off the pedals
and spinning the uni, so the next part is to land.

Instead of landing your feet on the ground, like in step five, aim them
for the cranks.

*-Practice, practice, practice-*. You don't really need to have the uni
leave the ground for a 180 unispin, just your feet have to leave the
uni, and stay out of the way when its spinning. It may take you a few
days to get this trick, or a few minuets, just don't give up.

Let out a loud "Yes!!!" once you land one.

Your probably thinking that this guide sounds too simple and no enough
detail, but *-180 unispins are simple and don't need much detail-*. You
just gotta go out and try them and *-not be afraid to fall -*a few
times.

I would of gotten pictures of the spin, but my webcam sucks when its
dark in my room, and seeing how its past 5am, I don't wanna wake anyone
up by doing a unispin in my room, nor do I want to cut my feet up.

Once you have the 180 down, just spin the uni harder and faster and get
a 360, then try a 540 and so on and so forth.

Enjoy!!!

Feel free to add any other advice to it, but to anyone riding this,
don't pay so much attention to it, cause really all it is is, jump,
spin, land. =p

|Filename: 045350.jpg |

Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/) New Uni =
Blue Sex!

Old December 5th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
csuko

Thanks for the tutorial Jerrick, it was good advice.

However, for all of you out there trying to learn uni spins, please
don't do it barefoot!

--
csuko
csuko's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12939

Old December 5th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
brendan

thats wot i was thinking... wear some shoes they are even more usefull
than shinguards LOL

--
brendan

Please can koxx1 change their hub and cranks from isis to NISIS or RISIS
?

(Not isis and retarded isis)
brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680

Old December 5th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
markf

hwo about some advice on how to spin/catch the seat for 360 and above
unispins? that's what i'm having trouble with. i can often get it
around but can't land with my feet or stop the spin precisely enough
with my hands.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop' (http://www.irwinsbikes.com)
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old December 5th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AllThingsUni

if you arent landing unispins its cuz youre scared. if you werent scared
it would all flow and youd land. and...stop making it a science
everybody my goodness.

--
AllThingsUni
AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306

Old December 5th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ryantheuniguy

thanks for the advice

--
ryantheuniguy
ryantheuniguy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13882

Old December 5th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

Do you (by you I mean the people who can do this already) recomend
learning with plastic pedals or should i just keep my bulletproof's on?

--
Joe2005

*Come To The Dark Side* we have cookies.
Anyone in the Wichita area give me a hollar
Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692

Old December 5th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
picado

my biker friend gived me a advice this week

i was trying the 360 unispin but it was really hard to land it

he said that one of my foot was going up and the other was going to the
side..
so i was never landing the 2 foots at the same time

when he said that i tried to pull my 2 foots to the side and whala! i
landed it
and in the same day i landed 8 360 unispin.
in 2 hours of training i landed more 360 than i ever landed in my
life.
and iam training the 360 for 3 months i think
2 times i landed 2 consecutives

thats was a nice advice

--
picado

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###

One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. elmer Unicycling 6 January 31st 06 05:29 PM
I need the idiots guide to rolling hops. Erin Unicycling 3 January 31st 06 02:33 AM
More on collective nouns Claude Australia 2 October 14th 05 01:28 PM
Collective noun DeF Australia 19 October 3rd 05 01:29 PM
FS The Collective DVD Scott Gates Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 03:23 AM