Atlantic City - Rehoboth Beach

Old November 16th 05, 06:27 AM
Marshall Lake

Default Atlantic City - Rehoboth Beach

In the near future I'd like to ride my bike from the Atlantic City,
NJ area to Rehoboth Beach, DE. I plan on taking the short route along
the coast and across the water by ferry. I briefly looked at a map and
it appears to be about 70 total biking miles. I'd like to keep the ride
to one day and this is a good distance for me.

I haven't ridden to Cape May before but I have drove along parts of
route 9 and what I saw looks good for riding. I presume it's good in
NJ all the way to Cape May via route 9. Someone please correct me if
my presumption is mistaken.

I also presume I'll have no trouble taking my bike on the ferry but I'll
certainly call them first and enquire.

I'm not familar with Delaware at all. The distance from where the ferry
drops you off in DE to Rehoboth Beach appears to be no more than 15 miles.
Has anyone here rode from the ferry to Rehoboth? If so, how are the
road conditions there for riding?

TIA

Old November 16th 05, 05:07 PM
Bill Cotton

"Marshall Lake" wrote in message
In the near future I'd like to ride my bike from the Atlantic City,
NJ area to Rehoboth Beach, DE. I plan on taking the short route along
the coast and across the water by ferry. I briefly looked at a map and
it appears to be about 70 total biking miles. I'd like to keep the ride
to one day and this is a good distance for me.

I haven't ridden to Cape May before but I have drove along parts of
route 9 and what I saw looks good for riding. I presume it's good in
NJ all the way to Cape May via route 9. Someone please correct me if
my presumption is mistaken.

I perfer to stay on the barrier island to Cape May I have several cues to
Cape May from Philly. The Cue from Cheltenham to Wildwood Crest via Longport
Bridge Spur to Atlantic City is the one I suggest, it is a workbook.
http://www.billcotton.com/Bill%20cot...e%20sheets.htm

I also presume I'll have no trouble taking my bike on the ferry but I'll
certainly call them first and enquire.

No problem. I have done it often

I'm not familar with Delaware at all. The distance from where the ferry
drops you off in DE to Rehoboth Beach appears to be no more than 15 miles.
Has anyone here rode from the ferry to Rehoboth? If so, how are the
road conditions there for riding?

http://www.billcotton.com/delaware1.htm On this page is a link to get a
Delaware Map; "Bicycle Touring in Delaware" Delaware has signed bicycle
routes Bicycle Route 1 passes connects with The Coastal Highway near
Rehoboth. However, reaching The Coastal Highway from Rehoboth is easy.
TIA

--
www.billcotton.com