The greenspeed HPV 'flat naka' test session

Old March 22nd 07, 03:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Default The greenspeed HPV 'flat naka' test session

Photos from our test session in the new Greenspeed HPV for the
Wonthaggi HPV grand prix 24 hour this w'end.

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galler...0322-hpv-test/

The pilot is my housemate vanders.

It's a full spaceframe with a corflute fairing, and weighs just under
20kg (very light for this type of HPV, last time I raced one of these
it was 32kg ...).

This one handles amazingly well, and even has, for fruit, SRM cranks.
I clocked 1060 watts on a test drag down the carpark at the back of
the workshop. Paul Simms from Greenspeed has done a great job with the
chassis.

Issues, for little people, none, but for big fat lazy sprinters, the
chain guard rubs my right calf (may not sound like a big deal, but
after just 5 mins, my right calf was glowing red and the first layer
of skin was gone, this -must- be fixed by raceday!) and it's very
narrow inside, my quads rub the steering arms, which may become an
issue after an hour in the beast. It's heaps -heaps- better than the
carbon creation we raced in '05, images here :

http://www.aboc.com.au/images/galler...0319-wonth-hpv

(some of you may recognise Hippy in some of these shots)

Ride-A-Lot renaming session LIBERATOR Mountain Biking 6 March 12th 07 08:54 PM
Flat Resistant or Flat Proof Tires Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 9 February 3rd 07 06:35 AM
trek session 77 js Mountain Biking 3 December 22nd 06 10:13 AM
Kew Crit training session 30/7 DaveB Australia 18 July 30th 05 05:35 AM
First track session Tamyka Bell Australia 17 July 8th 05 12:33 PM