Cork Tape - Reusable??

Old March 24th 07, 07:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

Default Cork Tape - Reusable??

I find myself in the position where I have to change the brake levers and
the cork tape is only 2500km old. Is it reusable or am I up for an
expensive Bianchi tape experience?

Thanks,
CN

Old March 24th 07, 07:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-03-24, Campag_nut wrote:
I find myself in the position where I have to change the brake levers and
the cork tape is only 2500km old. Is it reusable or am I up for an
expensive Bianchi tape experience?

Thanks,
CN

If you're really carfule taking it off you can re-use it any number of
times, don't worry if the adhesive on the inside goes when the tape
wound the right way around it will hold itself together.

Cheers

Joel
Old March 24th 07, 08:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On 2007-03-24, Campag_nut wrote:

I find myself in the position where I have to change the brake levers and
the cork tape is only 2500km old. Is it reusable or am I up for an
expensive Bianchi tape experience?

Thanks,
CN

If you're really carfule taking it off you can re-use it any number of
times, don't worry if the adhesive on the inside goes when the tape
wound the right way around it will hold itself together.

Cheers

Joel

.... that's if you do it yourself. The LBS would almost certainly cut
it off and ditch it.

Old March 24th 07, 09:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Campag_nut

... that's if you do it yourself. The LBS would almost certainly cut
it off and ditch it.

Self help is much more fun anyway!

Thanks for the input, peoples.