Why Usenet is worthless!

Old June 18th 08, 01:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
JimmyMac

Default Why Usenet is worthless!

On Jun 17, 9:58 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"!Jones" wrote in message

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:20:27 -0500, in rec.bicycles.tech "Edward
Dolan" wrote:

I see that you are using Forte Agent for your newsreader and that your
field
is NNTP-Posting-Host: 75.0.233.89. I am not going to look up these numbers
to see where you are from.

Well, I don't blame you... what difference does it make, anyway?

It is enough for me to know that you are from Texas. It is not totally
irrelevant where folks are from.

My point is that a Usenet posting is simply text, period. It hasn't
changed much since the mid-eighties and, back then, you got a mouse at
a pet store and properties were real estate. If you see any, then
someone's client is tacking them on. My reader is a relic and doesn't
see them.

I am up-to-date via my ISP and I expect to see them.

But, yes, I am, in fact, a troll. I say, would you like to have an
argument?

Only an idiot is interested in argument if there is no issue at stake.

The conundrum continues as once again Ed Dolan has contradicted what
he has said (wrote) in the past ...."I LOVE to argue with folks and I
do not even care if I am right or wrong. The argument itself is what
interests me." The duplicitous Dolan can never be taken at face
value.

I enjoy intelligent comment on anything I post to the cycling newsgroups. I am
not interested in any other newsgroups, least of all the kooks one. What an
incredibly stupid way to waste one's time.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 18th 08, 04:20 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Jun 17, 9:58 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

[...]
Only an idiot is interested in argument if there is no issue at stake.

The conundrum continues as once again Ed Dolan has contradicted what
he has said (wrote) in the past ...."I LOVE to argue with folks and I
do not even care if I am right or wrong. The argument itself is what
interests me." The duplicitous Dolan can never be taken at face
value.

The argument has to be ABOUT something other than the ether.

Old June 19th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
!Jones[_3_]

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:20:14 -0500, in rec.bicycles.tech "Edward
Dolan" wrote:

The argument has to be ABOUT something other than the ether.

Absolutely not! It's quite possible to have a perfectly good argument
over *nothing* at all. Anyone who would disagree with that is either
a fool, drunk, or a liar... or some combination of the above!

What an absurd statement!

Jones

Old June 19th 08, 08:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
Edward Dolan

Dolan" wrote:

The argument has to be ABOUT something other than the ether.

Absolutely not! It's quite possible to have a perfectly good argument
over *nothing* at all. Anyone who would disagree with that is either
a fool, drunk, or a liar... or some combination of the above!

What an absurd statement!

The only absurdity here is you. I suggest you get lost on some other
newsgroup. The kooks group (alt.usenet.kooks) should suit you.

Old June 20th 08, 04:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.mountain-bike
!Jones[_3_]

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:28:36 -0500, in rec.bicycles.tech "Edward
Dolan" wrote:

Absolutely not! It's quite possible to have a perfectly good argument
over *nothing* at all. Anyone who would disagree with that is either
a fool, drunk, or a liar... or some combination of the above!

What an absurd statement!

The only absurdity here is you. I suggest you get lost on some other
newsgroup. The kooks group (alt.usenet.kooks) should suit you.

See! We're arguing about nothing and you're losing.

Certainly you can argue about nothing... if you don't have a topic,
how could you possibly agree?

QED

Jones