If I Could Walk That Way...

Old June 23rd 05, 02:31 AM

Default If I Could Walk That Way...

...I wouldn't need the talcum powder.

Quite seriously, I'd like to hear what others do to combat chafing in
the, ahem, region where legs, clothing, seats, and sweat come together.
Variations in clothing, unfortunately, are not an option for me. What
works? Talc? Lotion? Baby oil? Crisco? 90-weight gear lube? I'm
ready to try just about anything. I read somewhere that Eddie Meyrcx got
this problem so bad that his doctor prescribed a month naked in bed.
Unfortunately, that's not an option for me either.

Old June 23rd 05, 02:49 AM

Bill Sornson wrote:

What does "variations in clothing, unfortunately, are not an option for me"
mean? That you're not willing to wear bike shorts?

I ride to work, and there is a dress code at my work: no jeans, no
shorts, some other stuph. I need to arrive at work ready to to to work.
Old June 23rd 05, 03:03 AM
Matthew

www.bodyglide.com

Old June 23rd 05, 04:47 AM
Brad Spachman

In article ,
Collin wrote:

UnderArmor boxer briefs fit in the right spot to limit chafing:

http://www.goldmanbros.com/under-arm...-underwear.php

Comfy but without the padding - although real bike shorts are definitely
the ticket on longer rides.

Heh... I have the same problem with the bike shorts I currently own.
I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting the ahem situation....

Saddle?
Fit?
Shorts?
???

Any ideas....?

brad
Old June 23rd 05, 05:16 AM
Tom Keats

In article bspachman-2688A0.23471022062005@localhost,
Brad Spachman writes:
In article ,
Collin wrote:

UnderArmor boxer briefs fit in the right spot to limit chafing:

http://www.goldmanbros.com/under-arm...-underwear.php

Comfy but without the padding - although real bike shorts are definitely
the ticket on longer rides.

Heh... I have the same problem with the bike shorts I currently own.
I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting the ahem situation....

Saddle?
Fit?
Shorts?
???

Any ideas....?

To mitigate any existing chafing problems, you mean?
Zinc oxide diaper cream. It's cheap, readily available
at any drugstore, and it's effective. I find the stuff
with aloe is especially soothing. If you use it, you
should still keep your shorts well-laundered, and not
wear them for any longer than you have to.

cheers, & anybody laffs, gits a knuckle samwidge ;-)
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old June 23rd 05, 12:37 PM
Peter Cole

Tom Keats wrote:
To mitigate any existing chafing problems, you mean?
Zinc oxide diaper cream. It's cheap, readily available
at any drugstore, and it's effective.

Yes, this is excellent stuff to heal a rash. To prevent a rash, I like
A&D ointment (or generic), it's a mix of Vaseline and lanolin, which
prevents skin breakdown from moisture and friction, it's also used to
prevent diaper rash.

A little progress report and some questions... tylercox Unicycling 5 April 9th 05 04:08 AM
Do a "Cat walk" UNIquelyCanadian Unicycling 14 April 2nd 05 08:26 AM
Cool "Goal Setting" Idea tylercox Unicycling 12 January 2nd 05 07:27 PM
Walk or ride? Bill Baka General 28 December 17th 04 05:11 AM
How to walk safely in clipless road shoes Mike Jacoubowsky Techniques 15 August 13th 03 01:34 PM