Specifications of your dream unicycle

Old August 27th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

Default Specifications of your dream unicycle

http://tinyurl.com/62qc3tThis is my druni, as is....! It rules!

--
1wheelwonder

'There are two types of people in the world, Unicyclist and non
Unicyclist. Non Unicyclist are split in to million of different groups,
but unicyclist are all in one group 'AWESOME'!

Quoted by 1wheelwonder

GO ME!
Old August 27th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

1wheelwonder wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/62qc3tThis is my druni, as is....! It rules!

sick that's what I want do you know the price??

--
Nicf

'municycle.ca' (http://www.municycle.ca) the Best unicycle store
in canada!!

Old August 28th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Dream unicycle? Sometimes it's the lightest skinniest uni imaginable;
sometimes it's just a good 29er.

RIGHT NOW, I'M TOYING WITH THE IDEA OF:

- The 26" x 1" super lightweight racer at unicycle.uk.com or
- A 29er or
- A new Coker

Fantasy unicycle...

I've often wondered why there is no unicycle hotrod scene. Imagine a
low profile wide tyre with whitewalls, flared chromed fender, faired
hood ornament/headlight, leopard print seat with leather tassels, and
flames painted up the frame, and skull shaped billet pedals...

--
Mikefule

"We shall do best to think of life as a process of disillusionment,
since this is, clearly enough, what everything that happens to us is
calculated to produce."
Arthur "Merry" Schopenhauer.
Old August 28th 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Mikefule wrote:

I've often wondered why there is no unicycle hotrod scene. Imagine a
low profile wide tyre with whitewalls, flared chromed fender, faired
hood ornament/headlight, leopard print seat with leather tassels, and
flames painted up the frame, and skull shaped billet pedals...

Hmmm... that's kind of what I've been building my Blizzard in to. 24"
Hookworm is nice and slick (I'm not in to whitewalls though), 8-ball
dust cap, Iron Cross pedals, and everything as blacked out as
possible.

Anyway, I've posted about my dream unicycle before. It's exactly the
same as my Triton-Sponge-Schlumpf, only with a Ti handle. Still...
it's nice to -have -a dream

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old August 29th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flyer

My dream uni would be a geared coker with a 2kg wheel. lighter is
better!

--
flyer
Old August 29th 08, 12:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

flyer wrote:
My dream uni would be a geared coker with a 2kg wheel. lighter is
better!

Well i once had a 40" coker. It was pretty awesome.

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
we should provide the defibrilator
TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
Old August 29th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
acl

Realistically, I just want something I can do some tricks on, jump up
and down stairs, go up and down steep single track, and knock off a
century all in one versatile machine.

I second that....so, in terms of what's actually available now, I'm
going for:

- 26" Halo Combat Rim
- KH/Schlumpf gearbox
- 125/150 dual-length ISIS cranks
- Triton Sponge Titanium Frame
- Some arbitrary seatpost, someone else can recommend whether there's
anything out there significantly better than the rest ;-)
- Carbon seat, etc. - I reckon the Nimbus Gel is among the best, but
saving useless weight is always good.
- Tyre - this is the interesting bit. I'm thinking maybe a DMR Moto
RT 26*2.4, as being a good compromise between a fast road tyre and an
off-road/muni tyre, but other people may have other preferences - e.g.
more weight (hookworm?) for less pressure, and/or more tread (many
options!)....

At the moment I have the rim, and a non-KH Schlumpf, and that's about
it :-). With 140mm cranks it works pretty well, road-rides at a pretty
decent speed, and the low gear is plenty low enough for me; so with
150s, that should be capable of some fairly technical Muni, and with
125s in high-gear, should be able to go plenty fast enough. (Some
people may prefer the 137/165s tho.) Bigger wheels are always better
for distance riding, it's true, but this setup seems to work pretty
well - I've done 45 in a day and hit 18mph and would probably improve
on both with more practice :-). The best bit is that with the KH
Schlumpf, although the hub weighs more, I reckon you can save at least
that much by having a better, lighter frame than the Schlumpf
telescopic one - and probably stiffer, too...

If I'm allowed to hypothesize technology - yes, I want
on-the-fly-adjustable cranks; and a seatpost that adjusts with them;
and/or, more than 2 gears from the gearbox, with a shift lever that I
can operate by hand rather than my heels. And yeah, getting sillier,
dynamically-changing wheel size, or at least tyre size/tread...:-)

--Alan

--
acl
Old August 29th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

My dream uni will be complete when I get my hub back from Florian! I
have all the other parts lying about.

KH/Schlumpf 36er with dual drilled cranks (I may switch to something
else though like the 140mm onza tensiles) and a KH Freeride w/ CF base
and GB4 handles, with maguras, mg-1s, nightrider rim, nightrider tire.

I am so anxious to get my hub back, I'm starting to go crazy. In the
meantime I am riding my newly set up ungeared KH29er on the trails
here, and it is a blast. It still doesn't fill the void left by my
schlumpf hah. I can't wait to see what kind of speeds I can get on the
geared 36er.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in