Unicyclists in Portland, OR

Old October 10th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Default Unicyclists in Portland, OR

Jerrick;1110996 wrote:
Not my fault. Its obvious there is some middle-school teenage warfare
between some of the UBs and Maddy. What I said was towards both groups,
and wasnt really bad at all. In short I should of said "Grow up, and get
over it."

I didnt say either group of people would be bad to ride with, I didnt
do anything that would make the OP be weary of the riders in Portland,
how Portland is for unicycling, and I let him know that there are great
rides planned that happen in and around Portland.

I have two trips to Seattle to make first, but after that Ill try to
get down to Portland again. How bad are your guys' winters? If
everything just gets wet, thats perfect, cause I can still come down and
do all styles of riding, but if you guys get dumped in snow I may just
wait till that clears up to make my trip down.

winters are pretty good... not a lot of snow happens here in portland
haha

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old October 10th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Sounds good. Ill check what a plane ticket would cost. =p

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old October 10th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Jerrick;1111004 wrote:
Sounds good. Ill check what a plane ticket would cost. =p

cool. there's still room at my place to stay haha, just you'll probably
not get to ride much with me having school and all. Good opportunity to
meet the b-tards.

Old October 11th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Goats_On_Unicycles

I wanna take a train down to ride with you again soon.
I could come on a weekend to ride and stuff.
I have to visit my boyfriend first though.

--
Goats_On_Unicycles

-Incubate now. Hatch later.-

What's brown and
sticky?
a stick.
Protect your right to arm bears.

-ahh... what a precious moment in a childs life when you get to
see him blow up a rainbow trout for the first time-
~Phil on uni
Old October 11th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

Jerrick;1110996 wrote:
I have two trips to Seattle to make first, but after that Ill try to get
down to Portland again.

When are you coming to Seattle. Perhaps we could organize a muni or
coker ride to coincide. Seattle always seems to play second fiddle to
Portland on things, but the Seattle Area Riders can attempt to step up
their "*******ness" for the occassion. Mostly though we're just silly
and inconsiderate of people's time. When it doubt, waste it we sometimes
say.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
Old October 11th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hollywood

Does the Seattle Area Riders have a email list, I'm in Puyallup and
would like to hook up on some rides.

Don

--
hollywood
Old October 11th 08, 06:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

tomblackwood;1111080 wrote:
When are you coming to Seattle. Perhaps we could organize a muni or
coker ride to coincide. Seattle always seems to play second fiddle to
Portland on things, but the Seattle Area Riders can attempt to step up
their "*******ness" for the occassion. Mostly though we're just silly
and inconsiderate of people's time. When it doubt, waste it we sometimes
say.

I was supposed to be there this weekend, but not anymore, so next
weekend may happen.

For sure ill be there from the 25th to the 28th, but that will be to
help my sister move some of her furniture into her new house, so im not
sure how much uni time ill get.

Old October 13th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
velophile

backing away slowly...
On the positive side, there is obviously a lively uni crowd in Portland
- I can be grateful for that. To be honest, I'm one of the worst perv
potty mouths in the Austin group - though I've had to cut back on the
swearing since it started bleeding out into everyday life. I have a lot
of respect for nearly any rider - it's tough to hate your own when
coming from such a limited riding community. So... I umm will be
visiting Portland this week for the interview and have Thursday (Oct 16)
free. I *won't* have a wheel with me but just thought if one fell from
the sky, it might be worth riding to check out the scene and perhaps
tour the town a tad. No matter either way; hope to catch up some time
if I make it up there permanently. Until then, thanks to all your for
the advice and homey entertainment.
Mike
512-669-1340

--
velophile
Old October 13th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

If you get a uni (madison offered his for the visit) then id also try to
get a ticket for the MAX train.

My first Visit to Portland, I got a MAX train ticket, and was able to
take that all through portland and the outside citys and was really able
to see a lot of the town and find a lot of good riding places. Also ran
into some crazy and not-so-crazy locals. All of them were very ncie
though.

PGE park I remember was being a good uni spot for street and trials.
Stairsets, ledges, benches, rails and people. =p

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Unicyclists in Portland, OR catinabag1 Unicycling 0 October 9th 08 06:25 AM
Good LBS in Portland, OR?? Paul M. Hobson[_2_] General 7 July 1st 08 09:23 PM
Route From Portland to the Coast SW of Portland James Fitch Rides 4 April 29th 07 06:46 PM
Portland Cyclists boyafraid General 0 January 29th 05 02:38 AM
Anyone going to Portland J-Fest? Mandell Unicycling 14 September 29th 03 07:18 AM