Trials Discussion Thread

Old August 23rd 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Phil_on_uni

Default Trials Discussion Thread

those are some serious destroyer pedals.... oh man.... i think the only
thing stronger then that would be a brick of steel on a spindle

--
Phil_on_uni

UNICYCLE FOR HATRED, BIGOTRY, AND IGNORANCE

*)---, '30ft Coaster~
Old October 12th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

How's every body coming along with trials? I took a break some what over
the summer and recently started riding regularly again and am pushing a
40in hop. I'm getting 3ft and all around that area fine, smooth even. I
can hop high enough for 40, but that something that high just really
plays with my mind, I never thought I would be going up something taller
than my unicycle, a year ago I was happy getting something like 20
inches.

Any tips on breaking the mental block? I got really close, but can't
quite land it.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

Ducttape wrote:
haha! I'm rubbing off on people again....

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old October 12th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

I'm the one to be taking tips from you. Im where you were a year ago,
what did you do, Grow?

--
Jeremy R

Six Six One
Mountain Uni
Old October 12th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Nope, I haven't grown in a while, about 2 years or so. My leg's are
pretty bulky now though. Hop height it all in your head though man, at
least for me. Once I understand what I'm doing is not crazy, it gets
better.

Also don't worry about height so much, it will come. Remember to keep
skinny skills and other tech moves in your practice rotation. I can't
skinny for crap haha, I can't even ride on railroad tracks with any kind
of proficiency. I'm also pretty bab at technical lines, but I'm working
on the alot now and improving fast.

Oh yeah, I also can't standstill at all, which is really sad.

Old October 12th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

two quick Questions, 1 how heavy are you, 2 what psi

--
Jeremy R

Six Six One
Mountain Uni
Old October 12th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unidunc

Getting the right psi is all personal preference. This has been stated
countless times. And psi isn't going to be the magical ingredient to a
big side hop either

--
unidunc

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

Old October 12th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

unidunc;1111554 wrote:
Getting the right psi is all personal preference. This has been stated
countless times. And psi isn't going to be the magical ingredient to a
big side hop either

Dude, I know, I just want to know what he runs, I want to make the
average ratio.

--
Jeremy R

Six Six One
Mountain Uni
Old October 12th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

I weigh something like 190-200, I've gained some weight recently. I have
no idea what pis I run, I don't even have a gauge haha. I just run what
feels right. I'm running a k1 stiky, the psi is pretty high, I'm
guessing somewhere around 30-35. To get what i need though I just fill
it up really high before I go out then let 1 tiny burst of air out until
it's just perfect. I also adjust my pressure depending on what I'm
doing, like if I'm going to practice gapping rail to rail or biggish
drops I up the pressure. My tire is pretty damn hard, once you get
better at least for me I really needed to up the pressure. As long as
your not bottoming out.

Old October 12th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

per 6 pounds, there is 1 PSI in your ratio. So if I were to run at your
ratio, Id run 18 PSI

--
Jeremy R

Six Six One
Mountain Uni
Old October 12th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

I'm not sure it works like that, good luck trying though. Remember the
smoothness of the rider also affects the psi.