Unicycle Problem, Pedals slip

Old October 10th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shade

Default Unicycle Problem, Pedals slip

Sometimes my pedals turns, while my wheel doesn't, mostly when I apply
too much pressure, like right before UPD, but also when hopping a little
wrong, and while I was attemting sif hops and unispins. The pedal turns
and so does the hub, the wheel (with the spokes and the ring towhich the
spokes are connected in the middle) stays stationary. I have a Luxus 20΄
Any help? anyone has the same problem and/or a solution?

--
Shade

€
Old October 10th 08, 07:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

Sounds like your crank is stripped?

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=85449)
Old October 10th 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

GILD;1110624 wrote:
Sounds like your crank is stripped?

I would say it sounds like his flanges (The discs where the spokes
atach to the hub) have come apart from the axle.

Your cranks stay in the same position to one another? but not to the
rim, spokes and tyre?

I think an updrage might be needed.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

_Marcus_Collings_'*U**n**i**c**y**c**l**e**.**c**o **m*'
(http://www.unicycle.com/Gateway.asp)
*)---', 1mHighJump*
my 'pure trials vid' (http://www.vimeo.com/929928)
my 'Year in vid'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NR_FRoOqHBI#GU5U2spHI_4)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
Old October 10th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shade

sp4rky-m4rky;1110636 wrote:
I would say it sounds like his flanges (The discs where the spokes atach
to the hub) have come apart from the axle.

Your cranks stay in the same position to one another? but not to the
rim, spokes and tyre?

I think an updrage might be needed.

Yeah, cranks stay int the same line

What's an updrage? (Or do you mean up*g*ra*d*e?)

--
Shade

€
Old October 10th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jtrops

Typo for "upgrade"

--
jtrops
Old October 10th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shade

Is ther a solution, easy and cheap, or should I just buy a new one?

If so, what kind should it be?
I like:
-Street (Like, grinds, staircases, etc.)
-Flatland (Like, yeah, flatland )

I don't like:
-mUni

Whats the best type, brand and wheelsize?

You also have to know, I still suck in unicycling, I've only just
landed my first unispin. If I say I like grinds, I mean, I want to be
able to do them, not that I like doing thme, because I can't

--
Shade

€
Old October 10th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Shade;1110608 wrote:
I have a Luxus 20΄

Wow. A 20 foot unicycle is really big. It sounds as if the hub flanges
are no longer attached to the axle. I don't know if this is a keyed
press fit or a welded joint for your hub. Regardless, it sounds as if
the minimum required work is buying a new hub and re-lacing the wheel.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old October 10th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

sounds like a cheap uni, i'm guessing a unicycle that SUN has rebranded
(the only uni's that i've heard of with this problem)

your options:
get a new wheelset(~$30 if you can find one at a good price)
get a new unicycle (~$80-100)
or a beastly new unicycle -$250 +

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
'World Record' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig5IEq-v4Y)
"dude when i first got into this sport and saw one of you videos i
almost threw up it was so sick"
Old October 11th 08, 09:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Shade

skrobo;1110972 wrote:
sounds like a cheap uni, i'm guessing a unicycle that SUN has rebranded
(the only uni's that i've heard of with this problem)

your options:
get a new wheelset(~$30 if you can find one at a good price)
get a new unicycle (~$80-100)
or a beastly new unicycle -$250 +

It's a Qu-ax, and I was told it was an okay unicycle.. It's not that I
trashed it either, it already had it.

--
Shade

Old October 11th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

If you want it to last you need something w/ a strong splined hub,
not a light-weight "splined" hub like the one on this 'uni'
(http://tinyurl.com/3euwly)

What's your max budget? Prices range from about $300-450 EUR.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

Jim Cielensky Pedals Problem... Napoleon Unicycling 7 September 28th 08 07:46 AM
Grind pedals-DX problem CKCrowe Unicycling 18 May 28th 07 02:07 AM
Chain Slip Problem cont'd.... Mark Taylor UK 11 June 20th 06 08:14 PM
Chain slip problem.. Mark Taylor UK 5 June 19th 06 10:54 PM
Painful chain slip/ghost shift/???? problem Drew Eckhardt Techniques 9 September 9th 04 02:03 PM