P.S.I. question

Old October 11th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Old Sloppy

Default P.S.I. question

I am a Newbie with a 36 spoke 20" Schwinn.
I weigh 170 lbs.
How much air pressure should I be using?
Tire is a 20" by 1.75" street type tread.
Tire states 40 psi maximum.
From my vantage point, it still looks kind of low as I ride..
.(yea, I know "looks don't count for much")

Harry

--
Old Sloppy

Schwinn 20" 36 spoke
Old October 11th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

You should be able to safely put 60 psig in the tire. Tubes are cheap at
about 5 bucks if it blows. I run my 35 psig rated Coker tires at 50 psig
all the time. I run 20" freestyle tires at 60 psig. I weigh about 200
lbs but that really has no bearing on the safe pressure, just the tire
footprint.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old October 12th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Emile.m

harper;1111481 wrote:
You should be able to safely put 60 psig in the tire. Tubes are cheap at
about 5 bucks if it blows. I run my 35 psig rated Coker tires at 50 psig
all the time. I run 20" freestyle tires at 60 psig. I weigh about 200
lbs but that really has no bearing on the safe pressure, just the tire
footprint.

Seems like it's a steel rim... the tube will po if you put alot of
pression in it.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y
Old October 12th 08, 07:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Emile.m;1111635 wrote:
Seems like it's a steel rim... the tube will po if you put alot of
pression in it.

Just like the steel rims on my Coker and 20".

Old October 12th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

Try it at 60, and if the tire feels too hard lower it. You probably
won't have a problem at 60, but people's preferences vary.

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/