Koxx-One Crank/Washer/Pedal Problem.

Old August 11th 05, 11:11 PM
Evan Byrne

Default Koxx-One Crank/Washer/Pedal Problem.

Well, for some stupid reason tehy dont unscrew anymore.

--
Evan Byrne - I Bc.
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old August 12th 05, 12:01 AM
General Dibbles

if you don't have the washer between the pedal and the crank situated
right, the pedals will come loose, it took me a few trys to get the
washer in a position where the pedals didn't come loose

--
General Dibbles - commadore

General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

Old August 12th 05, 12:42 AM
jagur

whats the deal with a washer? i need a pic of this...i sounds like a
quick fix to a problem that sould'nt be there in the 1st place.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old August 12th 05, 05:45 AM
Zzagg

jagur wrote:
*whats the deal with a washer? i need a pic of this...i sounds like a
quick fix to a problem that sould'nt be there in the 1st place. *

those cranks/pedals need washers because the pedals are not directly
screwed in the cranks:
there is a steel part with the thread wich is situated at the inner side
of the crank so that when you screw the pedals on them the crank gets
"locked" between the steel part and the pedal. actually you absolutely
have to put the washers between the pedal and the crank or you will
grind the hole in the crank so badly that you will never be able to
tighten the pedal enough. those washers are not a quick fix, they are
meant to be there.

--
Zzagg - froggy uni

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Riding day, dream away...
Still riding, still dreaming.

please excuse me for still thinking I can write correct english :-o
Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

Old August 12th 05, 05:53 AM
jagur

ok Zzagg.

a picture still would be good here. what is the benefit of this style of
pedal mounting? i mean, once its set up right is it stronger or
somthing? why the extra steel inserts and washers instead of just
threads like most all cranx?

Old August 12th 05, 06:19 AM
Zzagg

Sorry for the pics... gonna try and find some.
I don't really know why they made this way but I think thread in the
steel inserts is more resistant than the thread of the classic alloy
cranks. this is supposed to bare more pedal changes (IMO)...
But the problem remains the same: if you ride with loose pedals the
crank threading will be destroyed, with the Koxx One system the hole in
the crank will be completely grinded, and maybe ovalized. I think that
it's cool to try new concepts but in that case I'm quite sceptic.
I have that problem with my Devil wich was a pre-sale version for
testing purpose. Yoggi told me that the crank/pedal problem would be
solved, but with this way of screwing pedals, cranks have to be PERFECT
when leaving the factory (it should always be the case indeed).
On the french forum I've heard of someone finding an issue to the
problem...
I switch my language and try to find more

Old August 12th 05, 09:06 AM
jagur

Zzagg

is this with the square tapered version or the splined version or both?

Old August 12th 05, 10:14 AM
Zzagg

jagur wrote:
*Zzagg

is this with the square tapered version or the splined version or
both? *

Only with the ISIS splined version. square tapered ones have standard
cranks.

Old August 12th 05, 10:54 AM
Moritz Hahn

Hey, these cranks are made of aluminum! If u screw a pedal in a tread of
an aluminum crank, the aluminum thread will damage very soon, because
steel is harder than aluminum. So they put Have this steel thing to
screw the pedal in.

I do not have a pic

--
Moritz Hahn - street riding
Moritz Hahn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/83

Old August 12th 05, 11:18 AM
Zzagg

Moritz Hahn wrote:
*Hey, these cranks are made of aluminum!*

Sorry, that' what I wanted to say.

--
Zzagg - froggy uni

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Riding day, dream away...
Still riding, still dreaming.

please excuse me for still thinking I can write correct english :-o
Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847

rsu mailing list problem (starting around 12:00 CST Dec 17) Ken Fuchs Unicycling 0 December 23rd 04 10:36 PM
shifting problem with Raleigh Super Gran Prix Adrian Snyder Techniques 1 December 9th 04 02:52 PM
Ritchey Zero hub freewheel problem Sasha Techniques 4 November 29th 04 03:34 AM
Ankle problem... darchibald Unicycling 3 May 8th 04 06:44 PM
Fame at last! [warning: contains 5m*th] Just zis Guy, you know? UK 308 March 29th 04 12:00 AM