How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15th 05, 12:56 AM
WeatherGuy

Default How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote in message
My wife and I went for a walk this afternoon. The sidewalk was very
narrow - only wide enough for my wife and I to walk side by side. As
we walked, our son (who is away at college) called, so she took the
call and was talking to him, not really paying attention to what was
ahead. Presently, an older gentleman riding a bicycle approached from
ahead of us. When he saw that my wife wasn't paying attention (and
thus was not going to step aside to let him ride past) he came to a
stop, then stood there glaring at us. As we passed by, he very
petulantly began to ring his little thumb-bell repeatedly, as if to
express his outrage that we didn't get out of his way. I turned to him
and said "use the bike lane, ****head." Then we walked on, shaking our
heads in disbelief.

Why do supposedly mature adults think it's OK to ride their bikes on
the sidewalk? Here's another couple we saw today on our walk:

http://tinypic.com/539poy

There's a perfectly good bike lane (or shoulder, as Brent likes to
call them) not five feet from these lard-asses, yet they feel the need
to endanger pedestrians on the sidewalk. Why?!?!?!?

People like these give good, courteous, law-abiding pedalcyclists a
bad name.

--
Life is short - drive fast!
http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

This behaviour by the cyclist was unacceptable. The "****head" was
unacceptable as well. There are times when it is necessary for safety
reasons to ride on a sidewalk (although perhaps not in this case). At all
times, the cyclist should not endanger the pedestrians, the pedestrians
should acknowledge the need to share the sidewalk and both cyclist and
pedestrians should be polite to each other.