How to **** Off an Arrogant Pedalcyclist

Old May 15th 05, 04:25 PM
Joe Canuck

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:47:39 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/scottenaztlan/

Your website says it all, you are the asshole, everyone is supposed to
behave as you think they should.

Wow, I missed that on my first pass of his post.

Ok, so we now know why he carries the camera... to collect "evidence" to
support his hate-on website.

Let me guess: you're one of those assholes who takes up multiple
parking spaces, or regularly blocks traffic by parking in no-parking
zones?

That would be difficult, sinc I don't own a car.

If not, then what, exactly, do you find objectionable about my
web site? I only hate what every reasonable person hates: people who

It is a negative site, with little to nothing to offer in a positive way.

think that the rules don't apply to them and that they should be
allowed to do whatever the hell they want - like ride their bicycle on
the sidewalk.

Of course, you have verified this with every single person who you claim
to be an idiot?

I suspect you take every single incident like this very personally and
figure the person has made a point to be at that particular location of
the sidewalk at the same time as you... just to **** you off.

Right.

Old May 15th 05, 04:32 PM
Pat

Joe, this guy is heading for a heart attack and an ulcer. Let him be. He's
slowly killing himself.

Pat in TX

Old May 15th 05, 04:47 PM
Joe Canuck

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2005 21:02:59 -0400, Joe Canuck
wrote:

How to ****-off Scottie...

Pretty good, but you forgot the part where you drive 15 MPH below the
speed limit in a no-passing zone with 20 cars stacked up behind you
yet you refuse to use the turnouts. You also forgot to mention how you
are so busy digging **** out of your glovebox that you miss the left
turn arrow, even though I'm leaning on the horn behind you. And don't
forget how you find it a personal challenge to maximize the number of
parking spaces you can occupy - I think you said your personal best
was 8. Oh, and be sure to tell us how you zoom up in the lane that is
closing and then force your way into the through lane only when your
right front fender hits a cone.

Although I currently do not own a vehicle, my next one will be a Hummer.
I plan on running over slow drivers like you.

Old May 15th 05, 05:26 PM
Bernard farquart

wrote:

If not, then what, exactly, do you find objectionable about my
web site? I only hate what every reasonable person hates: people who

It is a negative site, with little to nothing to offer in a positive way.

Oh no! Not a negative site, how horrible, that Scott should
have anything less than positive to say about mouth-breathers
who make the rest of us go out of our way to accomidate
thier laziness.

Boo-Hoo.

Bernard

Old May 15th 05, 06:35 PM
Ferris

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:56:14 -0400, "WeatherGuy"
wrote:

This behaviour by the cyclist was unacceptable. The "****head" was
unacceptable as well. There are times when it is necessary for safety
reasons to ride on a sidewalk

Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is against California law. There are
no exceptions for "safety reasons."

Can you cite the specific law that covers this? A quick search on Google
showed that in California it is illegal to park a bike laying down on
the sidewalk, and that local communities may have laws regarding
sidewalk riding. But I didn't see anything at the state level making
this illegal.

I would regard your and your wife's behavior as extremely rude, in any
case. If the two of you were taking up the entire width of the sidewalk,
as you said in your original post, then at least one of you should have
been paying attention so you could accomodate others on the sidewalk.
Did you see the biker on the sidewalk? If not, then I doubt either of
you would have paid attention to another pedestrian.

Old May 15th 05, 07:08 PM

On Sun, 15 May 2005 00:42:19 GMT, Arif Khokar
wrote:

WeatherGuy wrote:

There are times when it is necessary for safety
reasons to ride on a sidewalk

Bull****. If you want to ride, stay on the road with other traffic. If
you want to use the sidewalk, then you can *walk* with your bicycle.
Only idiot adults ride on the sidewalk.

Or stupid kids.Around here stupid kids ride like maniacs on the
sidewalk, with no regard for anyone or anything. The adults who do it
are old hippies on beatup bikes, other down-and out types, or elderly
people.
Old May 15th 05, 07:23 PM
di

"Scott en Aztlán" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:34:22 -0500, "di" wrote:

Heh heh - looks like I've managed to **** off a few MORE arrogant
pedalcyclists.

Careful, you'll break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back, It'll
take a lot more than a little nobody with a big out of control ego to ****
me off. I've seen jerks like you come and go all my life, I can tell
you a lot more of them go than come.

Old May 15th 05, 07:33 PM
GaryG

"Dan" wrote in message
GaryG wrote:

Moron...if you're threading through groups of peds while "coming up fast
from behind", you're the one with the problem. Try removing the

training
wheels from your bike, and ride where bikes belong - in the street. If
you're bumping into peds on a MUP, you're a dangerous idiot.

GG

GG

My my my, what a nasty temper you have there. And such a big mouth. Do
you talk this way to people face to face?

Generally, yes. On occasion I've gotten face-to-face with cagers in the
middle of the road.

As for "temper", perhaps you've read more anger into my response than I had
at the time I wrote it (common with written expression). I merely meant to
inform you that you're doing something dangerous and stupid, and that there
is an alternative to blowing by little old ladies at 15 mph on a park path.

I doubt you have the guts,
little man.

You'd be wrong.

When you're not indulging your ugly, frustrated personality
on with insulting ng posts, how do you usually express it, beating your
wife & kids, perhaps? What am I saying, that would imply you actually
have human contact outside of your usenet outbursts. The incident in
question occurred on a designated BIKE path.

Was it a "bikes only" path? Or (much more likely) was it a "multi-use path"
(MUP) where both bikes and peds are permitted?

If the latter, it is your responsibiltiy to control your speed...something
it sounds like you're not doing.

FWIW, multi-use paths are inherently more dangerous for cyclists because of
the unpredictability of peds, roller bladers, dogs, etc. Whining about how
"stupid" they are won't change that fact - it's inherently dangerous riding
"fast" on a MUP. And that's precisely the reason most cyclists choose to
ride the streets whenever they feel the need to go fast.

And apparently you missed
the part about how the woman walked into ME when I was traveling at a
walking pace. I'll agree with the OP on this thread with regards to
"responding in kind"; Go to hell, asshole.

Hmmmm...now who's temper is showing?

GG

Dan

Old May 15th 05, 07:36 PM
Bill Sornson

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

You also forgot to mention how you
are so busy digging **** out of your glovebox that you miss the left
turn arrow, even though I'm leaning on the horn behind you.

May your next glovebox-rummager be on steroids and in a foul mood.

Honk-honk.

Old May 15th 05, 07:43 PM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 15 May 2005 08:36:31 -0700,
, Scott en Aztlán
wrote:

Ah, OK. So you think it's perfectly OK to ride your bike on the
sidewalk as long as the sidewalk is not too crowded?

Cut the "too crowded" crap. There's NOBODY on that sidewalk.
It's a picture of sprawl. NOBODY walks there because there's no where
there to walk TO. It's a wasteland made for cars. It's ugly. It sucks.
You should move.
--
zk